Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:44:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: custom content  (Read 2696 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
roerzman

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2008, 01:52:45 am »

by all accounts the downloads on this site are fantistic to say the least, however i am puzzled by the recuctance of some uploaders to include the meshes that the downloads are pictured with, ist his still a result of misguided so called coppyright conditions? if so let me enlighten you a bit, in short when you install the sims game there is a proviso that you must agree to before you can download the game, basicly what it states is that the sims and any modifications that you make to the game be it meshes, hacks, mods, remain the property of maxis and may be used for personal use in the game and may not be put up for sale. they remain the exclusive property of maxis, so next time you download a mesh or skin and it states that you must not redistribute the former without the creators permision do it anyway and remind them of maxis terms and conbitions, be it peggy or simchic or whoever they are ablolutely forbiden to impose anny condition or charge on any of their creations, so come on all you wonderfully talented artists start including the meshes they're are all freely available on the exchange and it's an oficial sims site surely that has to give you a clue.
Eric
BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 02:03:37 am »

Allow me to enlighten you a bit this is my site and my rules. I do not want people redistributing pay content on this website.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 03:37:29 am »

ok eric at the risk of being banned from this site i will remind you that sites that charge money or demand membership fees to download their creations are technicly illegal, because as stated earlier the sims and any mods or alterations made to the game remain the exclusive property of maxis at ea games, they supply freely the tools to modify and create meshes and animations, and for any site or individual who charges money for any alterations to the game "sims 2" is is in breach or their download conditions, so by abiding by the illegal conditions set by the pay sites you are also technicly breaking the law, i realy can't put it any simpler than this, its free sites such as this and mod the sims 2 that made the game what it is today, just imagine if i were to dress up my copy of microsoft office 1997 modify it a bit write a couple of macros and put it up for sale, how long do you think before the authorities come pounding on my door?well there is realy not much diference between that and charging money for maxis alterations, however as you stated it's your site and you reserve the right to what can and cannot be uploaded, all i ask is that you respect my view on this subject as i respect your view and allow others to voice their opinions and please dont lock any thread that is critical of pay sites as they did in sexy sims2.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 08:45:36 am »

... Maybe so, but it's been decided that the paysite/freesite discussion is not to be brought up on this site, as already stated previously by Kathy here and here.  It's already caused enough drama between people both on and off the site, and the last thing we need is people starting up more debates over the matter once again, not to mention causing more issues and potential flaming in the process.  If Eric and Kathy don't mind the subject being brought up and have decided to allow it for now, then that's fine... but until then, it'd probably be best if we leave this dead horse be.  

I'm locking this now until it's decided otherwise by the rest of the staff to keep this open... just for the sake of keeping the peace between other users here.  Wink
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 08:49:48 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 11:38:39 am »

roerzman, there is one (and only one) sanctioned paysite discussion thread in the forum. If you want to discuss the issue, please do so here, but take time to read Kathy's first post outlining the rules of the thread.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: