Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 03:56:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pregnant sims not working.  (Read 6011 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dokusouryoku

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2008, 03:35:29 pm »

I've been playing this family for quite a while now, and they wanted another child. But when she got pregnant, I keep getting the error messages with only three options: cancel, reset, and delete. It only started when I installed freetime. I have nightlife, university, pets, freetime, seasons, and apartment life installed. This is my favourite female sim. Sad  Help?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 04:34:46 pm »

maybe a hack conflict with FT? try to move out all your downloads, then make a test family, and see whether it works now. If it does, you have to localize the buggy hack or mod that causes the problems.

Also, if you install games in the "wrong" order, it might cause problems (FT comes before AL). But usually this is only in the extreme causes.

most (but not all) hacks and mods needs EP updates to work - especially insimenator and inteenimator. (as far as I know, inteen is not updated for apartment life yet).
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 04:38:41 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
dokusouryoku

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 04:55:03 pm »

I don't have any hacks at all, and I've always installed my games in order from the most recent to the oldest.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 05:00:20 pm »

are you sure? try to move out all the downloads in your downloads folder to somewhere else on your desktop, and try running the game again.

also, try to delete the groups.cache, accessory.cache, cigen.package and contentregistry files (wow, I remembered all of them Cheesy) from the The Sims 2 folder (the one where you find the Downloads folder and the Savedsims folder). This often helps for correcting troubles. (You might not find all the files - some only generate if you use Bodyshop).

also, some might recommend that you try to patch the game, though I'm not quite sure whether the AL patch is still buggy. They're often buggy until the second or third version (or so I've heard). Also, the new EP's might patch the earlier games when you install new EP's. (I've never patched my game, as far as I can remember - but apart from a couple of FT problems, I don't think I've had any big problems that needed patching myself. So please don't ask me about patches, because I don't really have a clue when it comes to those...)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 05:05:23 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
dokusouryoku

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 05:31:55 pm »

If I take out my downloads my sims will not show up right, and neither will any of their furniture. I have a lot of CC that makes up my sims. I rarely use any of the stuff that comes with the game. Isn't there any way to fix it without taking out my downloads? They are all organized and everything.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 05:44:15 pm »

If you can locate the error log located in the folder "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs" it will have a file name like "ObjectError_N001_t9245.txt", attach the newest error log to your reply. I may be able to help.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 07:07:17 am »

Doku, of course your sims will look funny without your custom content, but this is to sort out your problem. Run the game and just check, just remember not to save the game when testing without your cc.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 07:48:47 am »

Exactly, Doku Smiley

We're not telling you to get rid of your CC, just take the Downloads folder and move it to the desktop. You can put it back in once you've narrowed down your problem and they'll be fine. It' s really the best way to figure out if CC is source of your problem. Smiley

It's possible, if you download houses, that you have a hack in your game without knowing it. When a house is made and packaged in game that has hacks, it's possible that one of those hacks or mods will get packaged with it, unbeknownst to the creator of the house. When you download and install that house, you'll also get the mod, unless you use Clean Installer and manage to catch it first Wink

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: