Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 12:00:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Maxis resolved the ChangeLotZoning issue yet?  (Read 1654 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« on: November 06, 2008, 08:47:17 am »

I took a cursory glance over the Apartment Life patch offered, and did not see it mention the changelotzoning errors resulting in a crash that many people appear to be suffering from. I'm hesitant to download the patch, as I have not been having any issues other than this and don't want to risk introducing any bugs into my otherwise "bug-free" environment.

Essentially, when someone builds on a residential lot and then adds the apartment features, changes the lot zoning, and it is deemed a valid apartment; when exiting to the neighborhood screen sometimes the apartment icon will not appear and other times it will, irregardless, when loading the lot a second time it will surely crash. However, once restarting the game again and re-entering the lot, the mailbox has been replaced and it appears to be working well.

This is an inconvenience, if anything. The lot does convert correctly, but it requires a re-start (I have 17gb of Sims 2 data and it takes 20 minutes to get from the desktop into a lot. So it is grating).

Has the patch managed to resolve this issue?

Thank you

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: