Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:31:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Male abductee, Not coming back pregnant...  (Read 3158 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cpowell

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2008, 05:07:03 pm »

Hello there!
I'm hoping someone here can help me.
I've been playing the game for years and have had many successful alien abductions that resulted in my male sims being pregnant.
However, since I got the AL expansion pack, my Rainbow legacy male cannot get pregnant.  He has been abducted twice and no pregnant belly.
I'm curious if that happens, do some males come back not pregnant? OR Do I have a glitch in my game?

I've tried the alien abduction only on my legacy lot and the house is in Belladonna (the neighborhood that came with AL).

As for hacks, I have updated everything for AL, but here is what I have...
ACR
antiredundancy hack
AL fixes
fatd--window fixes
comm-skilling
creaturefixes
simsbaby--witchNOoverlay--good witch
pregnancywearanything
and several of JD's boxes for poses.

I'd appreciate any help and I apologize if I missed a topic that all ready discussed this (I promise I did a search first before posting),

(Here's to hoping I can add an alien baby to my legacy family soon!)

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 06:21:01 pm »

I think that this is normal. From comments I've seen around the place (don't ask me where! Can't remember) I recall people saying that AL changed the pregnancy odds for male abductees so they don't always come back pregnant. Or maybe it was Free Time? I'm making a male maternity default replacement so I forced abductions on the Curious brothers in a totally hack free game so that I could see all three manternity outfits. As you may recall Pascal is already pregnant but of my two abductees only Lazlo came back pregnant, and Vidcund was not pregnant when he returned. So it's not a hack conflict, just new game code.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
cpowell

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 06:43:32 pm »

Thank you Engram!  I was ready to start pulling my hair out thinking there was a glitch (I would hate to lose my Rainbow family).
I will just have to keep trying!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 02:38:59 pm by cpowell » Logged

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 09:34:13 pm »

If you don't mind using the Insimenator or debug mode, you could always force an alien pregnancy if he comes back not pregnant again. To do it in debug mode, just spawn the Tombstone of L and D, then select the option Make Me Alien Pregnant. Then you could just pretend like it happened anyway Smiley

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
HollyD1983

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 09:20:02 am »

I have all EP's and stuff packs installed up to AL(minus Free Time)and in my custom hood six males were abducted by aliens,all six of them became pregnant,and one even had a set of twins(LOL)But when Daniel Pleasant was abducted in Pleasantview(using no hacks)he was returned non pregnant,I thought it was a glitch,but then I realized he was four days away from elder.Apparently,the age rule also applies to males(i never knew that)So maybe it's his age

Lover of lederhosen
cpowell

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 02:38:40 pm »

Afraid not, he is 14 days away from becoming an elder.
I'm thinking he just isn't meant to have an alien baby...lol!  I'm going to try once more and see if it happens, if not, I'll just have to wait for the next generation.

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 04:08:02 pm »

Quote from: HollyD1983;1445340
I have all EP's and stuff packs installed up to AL(minus Free Time)

Then it is likely FT that changed the pregnancy odds for male abductees. FT introduced the Summon Aliens reward, changed abduction odds and turned off the DEBUG - Get Abducted option. A lot of code relating to alien abductions was changed with that EP.

Quote from MATY:

Quote from: buddha pest
And I can confirm that Summon Aliens does not indeed result in pregnancy every time.

I had a family/knowledge fellow who wanted a butt-load of kids (so to speak), and I thought, "oh, this will be easy, I'll just give him a bunch of alien babies." It proved more tedious than I planned.
From this thread.

cpowell

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 04:31:39 pm »

You know I never thought about that Engram.
I forgot that it is a bit easier to get abducted now with FT, so it makes sense that the odds of pregnancy have been redone.

Edit: In case anyone else has this issue, I just wanted to let everyone know that my sim finally got a baby from an abduction.  Third time was the charm.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 04:48:36 pm by cpowell » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: