Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 10:25:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Feed Baby' breastfeeding option w/o hack?  (Read 8995 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Camberwell_Mike

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2008, 05:30:56 pm »

I'm confused :-) I haven't downloaded any hack for feeding babies (in fact, nothing baby-oriented that I know of). I do have the InSIMenator (and the Inteenimator), and a number of other hacks I've had for a while. Today I discovered one of my sims, who's just had a baby, breastfeeding her baby. I've never seen this before. It turns out when she's holding the baby she has a 'feed baby' option which sets her breastfeeding (she appears to do it endlessly until cancelled!), but it doesn't seem to be available to other mothers with babies.

Where did this come from? Has anyone else seen it? Why is it not available for all mothers? I've searched the forums, and seen requests for this feature, and references to a 'nurse baby' hack, but I don't have that. But I seem to have this option without having asked for it (I think it's neat, by the way — the animation isn't perfect, but it's pretty good).
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 07:21:14 pm »

If you have Squinge's breastfeeding hack (FeedBaby.package), that's most likely the case.  Sims can't do that without a hack.  Wink

Camberwell_Mike

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 11:18:37 pm »

Quote from: Tenshii~Akari;1444824
If you have Squinge's breastfeeding hack (FeedBaby.package), that's most likely the case.  Sims can't do that without a hack.  Wink

No, I definitely do NOT have that hack. But I DO have a mother who can breastfeed her baby when requested to, as I said.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 11:31:39 pm »

What is wrong with that hack Tongue

If you have a question about my mods post it here
heartless

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 11:34:57 pm »

Do you have any custom houses that you downloaded? I don't know if this kind of hack might accidentally get included, but I have heard of downloaded houses sometimes having extra hacks accidentally included because the person who made it had it.

Only one mother? That is so odd! Lol.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 09:50:00 am »

What heartless said.  :thumbup:  Chances are, you do have it, it's just a file who's name is a bunch of numbers and letters now, especially if it was extracted from a lot from the exchange.  :lol: If it's something you want to find just to know what it is, you may want to look through your Downloads folder with either Clean Installer or Delphy's Download Organizer.  Both will highlight hacks in red... though sometimes they can also be mislabeled or un-highlighted in cases.  Wink

EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 11:46:54 pm »

Quote from: frogginator;1449431
when is the inteenimator for sims 2 apartment life going to be up loaded becuase i have sims2 apartment life and i want inteenimator but i cant get it becuase they dont have the one for apartment life yet and the other ones wont work?

Read this.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 08:41:53 pm »

Please don't hijack other people's threads like that, frogginator.  Your question isn't even directly related to the original topic.  :angel:

xkaliboor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 08:52:27 pm »

tenshii, i can see the connection. the poster said something about having inteenimator xD
maybe he just ran into a lazy wall and posted here before he forgot to post it somewhere else...
eitherway, he got his answer.

this is neat. i want this mod xD [the breastfeeding one]

edit:
where do i get it? =p
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 09:01:03 pm »

I'm pointing down to my signature for kicks.  :shh:  :laughing:

It's not related, because they turned it from a "why is such-and-such happening?" to "where can I find an update to the other mod?" without us fully knowing if our OP has their problem solved yet.  Sometimes it's best to start a new thread, or find threads that are more closely related to the question instead and post in those.  :lol:

Camberwell_Mike

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 09:10:37 am »

Quote from: heartless;1446982
Do you have any custom houses that you downloaded? I don't know if this kind of hack might accidentally get included, but I have heard of downloaded houses sometimes having extra hacks accidentally included because the person who made it had it.

Only one mother? That is so odd! Lol.

No, I have downloaded no custom houses. I was always afraid of getting hacks I didn't want.

I do have quite a number of hacks loaded via sim-unpack which have those hex-digit names, but I've had those for ages, and they're all (as far as I know) clothing or other items, none of them are behavioral hacks. It's only recently, since I started using a number of other hacks and then upgraded to NL (for a long time I was just running Uni), and then had to look for NL versions of some Uni hacks, that I've seen this behavior. I'm a great fan of Pescado's hacks on MATY, and have adopted a number of those, also, as I said, InTeenimator and (for occasional use) the InSimenator.

Since my original post, I've seen this 'feed baby' come up autonomously on a couple of occasions with other mothers, but it's still, so far, only a selectable menu option on the one mother. It comes up as a sub-action on the 'hold baby' action, not as an action in its own right (like the 'kiss' options on 'cuddle' etc).

Oh, and Squinge, I'm sure there's nothing wrong with your hack, just that I never really felt a need for it ;-)
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 12:53:26 pm »

If your Sim baby is starving and there's no food in the fridge (or they don't have a fridge), female Sims will autonomously breast feed their babies.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Camberwell_Mike

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 07:18:42 pm »

Quote from: miros1;1451279
If your Sim baby is starving and there's no food in the fridge (or they don't have a fridge), female Sims will autonomously breast feed their babies.

Ah. I wasn't aware of that. I don't remember that was the case (no food in the fridge), but it's possible. Haven't seen it recently, but I'll keep an eye open.

What about non-autonomous actions? I have also seen this option on the mother's menu when holding the baby.

Thanks very much for the info.
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2008, 07:53:01 am »

Quote from: miros1;1451279

Are you sure because I was never aware of this. Did this happen to come with any EP in particular?

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2008, 08:13:57 am »

It came with the base game & that is the only way sims will autonomously do it without a hack.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: