Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 10:35:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: This is strange  (Read 4295 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 10:42:06 am »

You cannot save the game files and just put them  in the folder, they won't work.  They need to be installed.  Regarding your disk, I've heard contacting EA about damaged disks and they may replace them.  Doesn't installing a new EP delete everything in your downloads folder?  Hence the reason for backup prior to installing?  I have only Base game for windows, so not sure on this one.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 11:18:22 am »

No installing a new EP doesn't delete everything in your Downloads folder, but not removing your Downloads folder before installing a new EP can cause problems.

The reason why it's strongly recommended you back your game up before installing a new EP is so you have a restore point, of sorts for your game if there's a problem. So, if you have an issue and have to uninstall the new EP, uninstalling that new EP will erase all the Saved Game data and you lose all your sims and the progress you made with them. That's where the backup comes in handy.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
mynxtres

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 12:37:40 am »

Back ups are not a problem. I've got backups for backups. I just didn't want to uninstall and reinstall 'cause of my jacked up Seasons CD. But,  Looks like I'm gonna have to do like my sig says. Thanx everyone for your help.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:45:53 am by mynxtres » Logged

"Put Your Big Girl Panties On and Deal With It!"
:glasses7:
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: