Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 12:38:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghost visibilty/ hauntings w/o graves  (Read 4012 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JacobM

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2008, 01:18:00 am »

Hi. I was just watching Ghost Hunters, and it got me to thinking about ghosts in the sims 2 and how they're handled. Would it be possible to make a mod that makes ghosts completely invisible? You notice usually how on tv shows ghosts are invisible, but they're there performing paranormal activity, etc.
I like how they made it in the game how chairs move. But I thought it'd be cool to see things like that happening mysteriously the way they have it already set up. With the weird ghost noises and stuff. So maybe, this can be done through a ghost controller? Like, toggle ghost visibility on/off.

Another idea I had in mind was let's say if, Mortimer dies in the goth household and the gravestone is sold or moved, or rid of in any way, he still haunts the house. Many real houses don't have gravestones around but people have died there and they're haunted.
That could be controlled too maybe. In the controller.
If there's a controller I don't know if that technically makes it a global mod still, rather than an object mod, as it's using choice.
One more suggestion- Included in the mod, could be a ghosts shock sims on/off, if there isn't a mod like that already.
As some people welcome ghosts more than others, and being afraid is a matter of who you are. If I were comfortable with the ghost, I'd welcome it, rather than be afraid, honestly!

Sorry if this is long, it's just some suggestions I hope you can look into.
If you can't do it it's alright, but if you know of any mods/hacks similar to this you could link me to that'd be good too.
Thanks for your time, Squinge :worship:
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 04:38:31 am »

Sorry for bumping this post back up, but I want it to get noticed. Sad
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 02:31:12 pm »

Please don't bump your own thread to just get attention to your request next time. Or it will be closed without so much of a thought, okay?

Mr. Squinge is tied up with some stuff right now, but when he has time, he will.

This request sounded like two or three mod requests in whole. BUT you did not indicate what your latest EP is in your first post. Please provide that info in your next post.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 06:44:15 am »

yeah they're just ideas. old ideas. i have all eps and all stuff packs excluding ffs
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 03:40:59 am »

If I know Squinge he will likely say "this isn't possible" because it seems like from the way you were describing what you wanted this mod would require new animations which I don't think Squinge does and also this may override gameplay quite possibly making this mod if at all possible a global mod, but I like the idea of invisible ghosts though, just my 2¢ worth though. . .
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 08:55:22 am »

Catching up on old threads and ideas...

There is a mod available at MATY that allows you to delete tombstones and urns without unlinking the dead Sims from their families and friends. It's called nounlinkondelete done by Pescado.

As for turning ghosts completely invisible, I don't know how it's done. I just know that it would probably require a skintone for ghosts to be almost invisible. I don't do skintones, and I don't think Mr Squinge does either. We both don't do animations or meshes either.

Might ask around and see if someone can answer your question about invisible ghosts.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 12:21:11 am »

As for turning ghosts completely invisible, I don't know how it's done. I just know that it would probably require a skintone for ghosts to be almost invisible. I don't do skintones, and I don't think Mr Squinge does either. We both don't do animations or meshes either.

Might ask around and see if someone can answer your question about invisible ghosts.
Chaavik is correct so I am going to lock this thread.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: