Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:26:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A (stupid) question  (Read 2591 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Carida

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2008, 09:42:16 am »

Alright.. So I searched around a good deal trying to find the answer to this.. I will admit stupid question. But I can't see where it might be so.. I have a question.

I now have all the EP's. Was I supposed to download every patch for every EP and install them all? Cause if so.. its no wonder my game has gone up in a flaming ball of nonsense twice on me already...cause I didn't!

So that's my question. Are you supposed to patch for EVERY ep that you have, or just patch the most recent one you have?

Thanks! Sorry for the stupid question.

-C
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 09:45:00 am »

Every EP should be patched Smiley
And most suggest to patch them in order of release straight after each installation, but since you've already installed them then just patching them now should be fine as well.

It's not a stupid question - I wasn't sure either.
Carida

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 10:00:45 am »

Thank you so much! I'm off to download them all.

-C
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 11:20:50 am »

Actually, you can only patch the latest EP you have installed, which is why it's a good idea to patch each ep as you install it. If you have everything up to AL and try to patch Seasons, the patch will detect a later EP installed and won't be able to do it.

It's not a stupid question Smiley. This is something I found out only by trying myself lol.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 11:45:13 am »

caffeinated.joy it does let you install the patch, it just says you will need to patch the most recent EP version as well - at least that's what it told me when I tried. Smiley
It did an error trying to patch FreeTime though - everything except FreeTime worked but then it decided FreeTime was a no-no. No idea why!
Carida

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 12:03:18 pm »

Oh my.. uninstall reinstall time. Hehe aww well. What's another two hours. Better to do it right, or not do it at all. Thank you both! Smiley

-C
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 12:46:49 pm »

Since the game only reads the latest EP, patching earlier EPs is really a question of whether you want to spend the time or not.  Some insist on patching all anyway.  It really doesn't matter, unless you use one of Numenor's .game starters.
mhbuck21

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 04:02:31 pm »

I'm still confused about patches. When I've tried to patch each ep, it just gives me a message that says it's already been patched. Even with the latest one, it doesn't install the patch. The message comes up and all I can do is click OK.

Why would it tell me it's patched when I know it isn't (I have several of the glitches the patches are supposed to fix!)
 :h3lp:
Mari
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: