Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:46:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody else hates this new feature in AL?  (Read 10036 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
azacforpeace

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2008, 05:30:56 pm »

Whenever you shower, plan outfit, visit another lot or change from example : Outerwear --> Everyday, the face of your Sims varies to the one that looks a little too awkward.

This not only happens when I am playing a Sim, but also to other Sims and NPCs if they do what is listed in the first paragraph.

Is there any mod that fixes this bug? Please let me know if there is! Thank you.

"Thou shall not miss this movie. Come, witness the miracle." - MadTV Terminator 3
freshsfs2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 10:05:33 pm »

This is annoying me too! I thought this was hacks mixing together or something. Every time they even think of changing their clothes, their faces change.

The American ideal, after all, is that everyone should be as much alike as possible.  James Baldwin
xxLiSAhUNxx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 09:39:36 am »

Is there a way to fix this?
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 02:36:53 pm »

Wait... Is this a permanent change?

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

edejan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 01:32:49 am »

What I've read on other forums is that these are not glitches but part of the design of the new EP and it would be difficult to remod it.  It's supposed to be "fun" that the thumbnails change, but I'm oc about getting my thumbnails just so....so I'm po'd.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 11:27:42 am »

Actually, I think this is a feature where they got the idea from one of Monique's old mods. Dizzy said he had to go "low level" in order to fix it (i.e. editing the executable), whereas Chaavik has a work-around.

The lag does get annoying when it comes to calling other sims, but it's barely noticeable when the sim changes, and the amount of times I've experimented with different skins and changing outfits, I actually like this feature.

No requests please
friendlyquark

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 12:21:52 am »

I agree. It used to be that when you changed clothes, you then had to go to the mirror and change the makeup or something in order to make the clothing match the thumbnail, now when you change clothes it automatically changes the thumbnail. This is a feature that I actually like better!

Toddler - The other white meat.
azacforpeace

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 05:19:43 pm »

Oh. Seems like there are some who prefer this feature. shocked I've gotten used to it after 5 months of playing AL, but I would still appreciate if there are some mods that halt this feature. (:

"Thou shall not miss this movie. Come, witness the miracle." - MadTV Terminator 3
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 03:58:33 pm »

I thought my game was glitchy!  Thank goodness it's not just me then.

I like that I don't have to use the mirror to make the thumbnail match, but why does it do it after my sims take a shower?!  Whoever thought that was a good idea needs a good thumping!

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 06:12:18 pm »

I like the feature also, I don't have to update their pics everytime I change the clothes. I don't really pay attention to it that much.

Chaavik did a mod to make them change less, but I didn't like the bodyshop pose. That one was bugging me. You can find it in Squinge's Mod called UI Poses Override .

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
azacforpeace

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 07:47:33 am »

Thanks, anyway, Lewis! Cheesy I appreciate it! Grin

azacforpeace

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 06:39:58 am »

I went to seek the mod on my own and finally found it! Grin It worked really well. However, it is a patch and only if you are serious, then can you install it accordingly because patches are hard to reverse. Anyway, here's the link to it: (Am I allowed to post it freely?)

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=13160.0

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: