Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 08:39:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid AL ?...why can't I see my neighbors furnishings??  (Read 2864 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cmserene

View Profile WWW
« on: November 06, 2008, 08:25:32 pm »

I just installed AL and after some issues getting it started (and getting my mods updated!) - thanks to xtian913 & abaris btw Shocked), I can finally enter a lot. I created a new sim and moved her into an existing Maxis Apartment building with the Patels right next door. When I'm playing my new sim's apartment, I can't see the furnishings in my neighbors apartment. Actually, I can't even see my neighbors in their apartment either!! I only see them when they walk out their front door! So then I thought I had to go in and furnish my neighbors apartment but when I got there, it's already furnished and now my new sims furnishing aren't visible next door! What gives? My "object hiding" is already turned off. Can someone please tell me how to fix this? Is there another setting that maybe I'm not aware of? Am I just that stupid?? LOL

ANy advice would be appreciated :dontknow:
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 09:13:26 pm »

This is normal. Apartments work kind of like dorms (that came with the University EP) in that you cannot see into the neighbours' apartments unless your sims actually goes to visit.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
cmserene

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 08:36:27 am »

Quote from: Engram;1446849
This is normal. Apartments work kind of like dorms (that came with the University EP) in that you cannot see into the neighbours' apartments unless your sims actually goes to visit.

Thanks Engram. After I posted this question and began playing a bit more I wondered if that was the case. I wonder why then Maxis has a picture of neighbors apartments on the front of the case. Marketing I guess.

Thanks again Engram Shocked)
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 04:51:51 pm »

No problem. I don't have it in my game, but maybe try using Pescado's novanishingdorms hack (you'd need Uni, though)? I'm pretty sure there was a hack out there that made the neighbours' apartments remain visible. I was just never interested in it so I didn't pay attention to who made it.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
cmserene

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 05:56:51 pm »

Quote from: Engram;1447478
No problem. I don't have it in my game, but maybe try using Pescado's novanishingdorms hack (you'd need Uni, though)? I'm pretty sure there was a hack out there that made the neighbours' apartments remain visible. I was just never interested in it so I didn't pay attention to who made it.

I don't have University yet so I guess thats part of why I didn't know it was normal...lol Once I do get Uni then I'll have to look about that hack.

Thanks again Shocked)
inuland

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 10:05:36 pm »

can somebody give me a direct link for the hack cause i cant find it
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 10:19:39 pm »

You don't say what EPs you have so I'll give you a link to ALL the hack versions.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/

Just go into the directory for your newest EP in terms of release order, then into Hacks, then find novanishingdorms.zip

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: