Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:40:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I cant make my guest happy...  (Read 5124 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tamikinss

View Profile WWW
« on: November 06, 2008, 11:34:46 pm »

Ok, so Riley is preggers and she wants to have a house warming baby shower party. I need atleast three guest to come and the need to have "a good time" for some reason I can never get to that stage. They come and have a "not bad". I have bought everything that Riley wanted and I dont know what to do anymore. Can someone help me and maybe give me some kind of tips on how to do this? Thanks
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 12:01:16 am »

First off, make sure you have three guests. It doesn't matter how they are invited. So you can have one sim (eg. Riley) throw the party and invite one guest, then have the other sim (eg. Mickey) invite two of his friends. As soon as everyone arrives they're party guests so it doesn't matter who invited them - the important part is that they come. They have to be at "friends" status for a guest to come to a party other than a wedding.

Second, don't worry about Riley participating in the party. Send her to sleep if she needs it. She's not important during the party. If she passes out, that means a bad memory and a lower party score. Get rid of her and into bed if it's necessary.

I usually get rid of Riley and have Mickey run the whole deal. Here's how I do it:

1. Buy a buffet table or serve a meal. Your guests want to be fed.

2. Once everyone has eaten, leave them a little bit of time to go to the toilet. For some reason sims usually arrive at your house practically busting their bladders. Let them do their thing.

3. Place the hot tub in the front yard somewhere. Have Mickey get in. Then click on each of the three guests and select Ask To Join. They'll get into the tub with Mickey.

This is the most important part. The best way to raise a party score is to increase relationship levels, feed the guests and for the guests to do a fun activity. And have no toilet-related accidents (ie. no bad memories for ANYONE, including the hosts). The hot tub increases social, comfort and fun and lets the sims build relationships. Maybe someone will make a friend - even better.

And literally that is all I ever do to fulfill that goal - feed, toilet, hot tub. The hot tub mojo may take a while to kick in, but well before the party deadline is over you should get your good time score. Sometimes I have Mickey dance with the guests, or at least leave the radio on. Whoever decides to get out of the hot tub usually goes for a bit of a dance, so at least they're taking care of their fun need.

And make sure not to invite Agora even if Mickey is friends with her again. She'll just keep fighting with Fiona or Riley and ruin the whole scenario.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
tamikinss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 12:15:50 am »

Ok, thank you so much! Im gonna go try it out. Cheesy
tamikinss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 04:36:19 am »

Thank You. It worked and now I am in free play. Cheesy
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 04:47:19 am »

Here's some blatant self-promotion on my part. I wrote a FAQ for Life Stories Tongue It's a walkthrough for Story Mode for both stories rather than a FAQ, really, because I figured that most of the gameplay tips could be found in regular Sims 2 FAQs.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: