Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:10:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CC help and InSIMenator help? ~Pet Stories~  (Read 12713 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DefineLess

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2008, 12:53:56 pm »

Heya,

New here and I have a few.. Questions/Problems I cant resolve.. x3

First one;

Custom Content.

I cannot get custom content to appear on The Sims Pet Stories. I am aware its a stand-alone game and it is not related to The Sims 2 series, but even the compatible downloadable objects - 'The Welcome Kit', will not appear.

I get the Disenable and Enable Custom Content, and it is enabled - and I have restarted the game. I have also Disenabled and Reenabled it a few times to see if it helps. It does not.

Just wondering what the problem is? x3

I remember it working once before, and I got the pink pet bed (cant be bothered to go find the specific name.. xPP) but it only worked that time and it hasnt worked since. So I really do not know whats wrong there.

(Items wont appear in the Catalog)

Thanks for any help there, also - this is slightly related.

The InSIMenator - trying to get it to run on The Sims Pet Stories. (Stand-Alone Game.)

I know that technically it is not supposed to run with this game as it was designed for The Sims 2? Yet ive read in one or two places that people have managed to get it to run with The Sims Life Stories and -I think- The Sims Pet Stories.

Would like help there as well xDD

(Doesnt appear in the catalog either and.. im unsure if it is actually compatible? -relatively-)

Kinda sad that im starting the forums with a question... Thing.. xD but yeah...

Help is appreciated.. Thanks Smiley

&& if it is as simple as "Dont try it" or "I dont know" then.. Just thanks for answering.. ^.~
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 01:04:25 pm »

The Stories series weren't really designed for CC in order to keep graphic requirements down for laptop play.  But that hasn't stopped us, has it? Cheesy

In general CC is not available until after the story lines have all been completed.
DefineLess

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 02:19:04 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1448571
The Stories series weren't really designed for CC in order to keep graphic requirements down for laptop play.  But that hasn't stopped us, has it? Cheesy

In general CC is not available until after the story lines have all been completed.

Okay. Thanks. x3

-Really doesnt like the story lines..- xD

Any idea why I had the random CC right at the beginning?

Probably a weird little glitch or something.. xP

-Off to attempt the stories-

Thank you for replying by the way.. ^^

-Has no idea what to do on the stories- xD Aw well.. Time to start these off and see what they are really.. o.o

<3
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 04:18:17 pm »

Actually, you can definitely use CC from the beginning. I always put Alice in custom clothing and hair and makeup, etc, and it has never yet mucked up the storyline for me. I also use default replacement skintones and eyes - no problem. I get the CC pop-up, enable, then restart and the CC works. I have also successfully used Shaklin's univeral dresser during the storyline (I was able to finish the story so it does not muck it up), so hacked objects appear to be usable during story mode as long as they're not too cheaty, like increasing skill points and relattionship values. I know that it's a standalone game, "don't use CC before the end of story mode" etc - I am just saying that stuff that uses it's own mesh (such as makeup, hair and clothing and, incidentally, Shaklin's Universal Dresser) works and does not appear to interfere with story mode. Where story mode gets interfered with I have usually found that people had been using stuff that activates cheats, like the InSimenator, not simply stuff that makes things "purty".

Since you've attempted to enable and disable custom content numerous times, it's probably in some sort of unknown state and confused about it's own identity Cheesy Try deleting the usual suspects - groups.cache, accessory.package, the whole Thumbnails folder. That should refresh all the cache and thumbnail files for you. See how you fare then. Also, make sure that the stuff you are trying to put into the game does not require any EPs. With the Stories games, it's safest to go with stuff that has it's own mesh and is not a recolour of a TS2 object.

Also, in Pet Stories, Maxis disabled debug mode. Which may (or may not) mean that the InSimenator won't work. I am probably the only person on this site that doesn't actually use the InSimenator at all so I have never tried using it with Pet Stories. So the debug mode disabled theory is my theory why you may be having problems getting InSim to work with Pet Stories. Insim = debug mode in object form (more or less, it has the same functions plus a couple of extras) so where a game has disabled debug mode = InSim not working. Makes some sort of sense? Maybe?

Life Stories has debug mode enabled, BTW, and the InSim definitely works with that game, or so I have heard Smiley

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 07:05:03 pm »

I agree that some CC (broadly defined) can be used before completing the story.  I've had custom clothing, hair, makeup, and objects in my Castaways game from the beginning.  Most mods though are limited, if any work at all, before then though.  I haven't found any that work before the story line is completed.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 10:17:20 pm »

Totally agreed. Stuff that makes sims purty seems to be OK. But I wouldn't put anything that does anything cheaty in there because those story mode goals seem to be rather fragile and keep getting stuck for people who try to cheat their way through using the InSimenator and other hacks/mods.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 04:04:04 am »

I don't have pet stories, but I've had SLS since July...yet the welcome pack was unusable to me until a week or so ago. I had them in my dl folder but for some reason the game didnt recognize them.

My problem had a simple solution: I opened my dl folder and selected the item (i.e., welcome pack items) and used "open with" choosing Sim2Pack clean installer; then I simply clicked install and when I when back to my game the content showed up.

Nothing changed about the way the package looked in my downloads folder it just was now recognized.

I don't know why those packages needed that extra step--since I usually just put stuff in the folder and it shows up automatically, but it worked so I'm satisfied.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 04:10:57 am by DaSpecial1 » Logged

Sims by Dasi:

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 05:54:27 am »

Umm... That's probably because they were Sims2Pack files and not .package files.  Sims2Pack files need to be installed while .package files are automatically read by the game. Sims2Pack files are for TS2, the SLS files are called something different but the concept is the same - .package files get read, the LSPack files or whatever they're called need to be installed.

DefineLess

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 06:58:01 am »

Quote from: Engram;1448920

Since you've attempted to enable and disable custom content numerous times, it's probably in some sort of unknown state and confused about it's own identity Cheesy Try deleting the usual suspects - groups.cache, accessory.package, the whole Thumbnails folder. That should refresh all the cache and thumbnail files for you. See how you fare then. Also, make sure that the stuff you are trying to put into the game does not require any EPs. With the Stories games, it's safest to go with stuff that has it's own mesh and is not a recolour of a TS2 object.

Deleted Groups.Cache and the Thumbnails Folder contents - did you mean accessory.cache? because I dont have .package x3

Thank you by the way.. ^.~

EDIT:

Ooh, ooh!!

I tried using the SIM one - where you get interaction commands when you click a Sim and.. and.. it worked.. so.. I clicked around a bit and managed to spawn the InSIMenator! ^.~

Yet to try it.. xD but I have it now.. (I was always trying the OBJ one.. x3)

So it -may- work... Hopefully.. xD
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 08:04:05 am by DefineLess » Logged
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 09:23:19 pm »

Quote from: Engram;1449649
Umm... That's probably because they were Sims2Pack files and not .package files. Sims2Pack files need to be installed while .package files are automatically read by the game. Sims2Pack files are for TS2, the SLS files are called something different but the concept is the same - .package files get read, the LSPack files or whatever they're called need to be installed.

Thanks but that's way too easy, lol.  If you look below you can see that SLS welcome pack items like the DJ booth & the Drum set are .package files not the clearly recognizable Sim2Pack files:

I'm not an expert but those look like .package files to me.  At any rate all files that I have placed in my dl folder that looked like the second two above have worked immediately after placing them in there.

It was the S2pack files that gave me the idea of trying to use S2clean installer to "install"  the welcome pack items and see if it made the flies usable to me (i.e., appear in the game).  So it worked for me and that's why I passed the info on.   Hope it helps.

Sims by Dasi:

honestsim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 10:40:07 am »

at first the sls files look different untill i tried to extract them then and only then did they look like sims2 files. which was wierd non of my downloads from the sls site work i just extracted them and copied and pasted them into the download folder and im about to check them out. wish me luck!
Mara Padme

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 12:12:05 pm »

hello! i'm new!
i would like to download the insimenator on your web site, but i don't know how to do. i play with all the sims2 exept appartment life.
can someone help me to download it easy, please?
thank you!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 01:11:32 pm »

Mara Padme, please do not hijack threads. The mod is easy to find if you look on the forum view. Click the forum tab and scroll down to the Sims 2 Community Downloads section. You'll find it at the bottom under "Insimenator Group Projects".

Everyone please note, the Insimentor mod is not being developed and is completely unsupported, so you use it completely at your own risk. If it breaks your game the only advice we can give you is to remove it. As it says in the section where you can find the download and in the many stickies around the site regarding this mod, we still offer it here only as a courtesy to those who still wish to use it, but since neither Kathy nor Eric have anything to do with this site we no longer offer support for it.

Some time ago, during one of Eric's long hiatus', twojeffs created the SimBlender, which does most of the things the Insimenator does, and is being developed and supported. It is a good, viable alternative and is worth checking out. You can find it on Simbology.

It's completely your choice which one to use and many people continue to use the Insimenator without any problems, but it is not an updated mod.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 01:17:53 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: