Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 10:04:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Things you've only recently discovered about the game  (Read 99972 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simguy18
muscular sim drooler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2009, 10:03:44 pm »

I've recently discovered that placing a coffee table directly in front of the couch does not annoy your sims.  They just slip right in and sit on the sofa.  HA... Grin

Creativity is a key to all things good.
Feisty32
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2009, 12:04:29 am »

that is pretty dang realistic rofl. Laugh2 ROFL ROFL2
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2009, 01:04:16 am »

I may have to get that mod and resurrect Don Lothario just to test it out on... *rubs hands together in an evil fashion*

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2009, 01:13:37 am »

Aww..why is everybody so mean to Donny-boy...he just wants a lil lovin'--from everyone Hug3.   

I discovered toddlers can have a fear of parties... WTF crazy kids.

Sims by Dasi:

Feisty32
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2009, 02:32:46 am »

I may have to get that mod and resurrect Don Lothario just to test it out on... *rubs hands together in an evil fashion*

good lord paden hahaha. Grin
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2009, 02:47:08 pm »

Be forewarned, though, that in the thread that has the mod, there are two versions of it-get the second version because the first is badly flawed-and it has no recovery for the sim at all-even the second version is pretty harsh, but supposedly it does allow for it. I've not discovered yet if anyone survives this plague. Will update when it runs the course-could be a few weeks. My neighborhood is overcrowded at this point.

It's under the Peasantry section, in a thread called "Real Sickness".

Feisty32
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2009, 02:41:11 am »

thanks for warning MaryH
becsjuds

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2009, 02:50:41 pm »

I knew alot of stuff but I never seen a male sim stand to pee they always sat down.  and... hope this is ok I had a sim go get in hot tub and she got naked!  I was shocked there were kids outside!
Karla!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2009, 09:29:41 pm »

I recently found out that when our sim boys pee (standing up) a little music sets off..
it's hilarious, but whats up with that?

Feisty32
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2009, 10:56:16 pm »

i've never had that happen but i would like to know that as well lol. Grin Cheesy
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2009, 11:29:11 am »

I recently found out that when our sim boys pee (standing up) a little music sets off..
it's hilarious, but whats up with that?

It's a little joke. Wink Little boys don't pee...they "tinkle"...hence the tinkley music. It makes me laugh, every time.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2009, 01:12:32 pm »

I discovered last night that on the Freetime activity table, when your toddler/child draws a picture you can go into buy mode and hang it on the wall. I totally didn't know that, I tried it before and it didn't work, but I decided to try again and it worked!

It's really cool.

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2009, 04:30:54 pm »

For the longest time I've not been giving my simmies any cars-not thinking that they could assign the car to a specific sim. I always thought that it wasn't assignable-that the message "Assign car to" meant something else.
I just found that out-you can assign the car to one sim and they will go off to work with it, and cancel the car pool.
Call me dumb, ok?
But I'd still like to know if you can have two cars in the driveway somehow, and assign each other to a driver. Can you even put driveways side by side? (It would take a huge lot to do it with, I know.)
Edit:
I found that you can put two driveways in the lot (if it is big enough) and thus have two cars for two sims-I'm sure that given enough space, you can have alot of cars, one for each member of the house.
The only problem is that the darned things do slow down the game when they're coming or going.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 01:58:34 pm by MaryH » Logged

ghettoblaster

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2009, 04:51:17 pm »

Sims can breastfeed babies if they are in a house
with no fridge  shocked it's the same thing as the sponge
bath thing, if they have no other choice, they'll do it.
and i just recently found out that teen sims can run away from home!
haha my families are always at least remotely happy, so i've never
had that happen until one day when i decided to play the pleasant
family for a while  Wink

--<br />the world's got a nosebleed
iamawake

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2009, 09:29:50 pm »

Ok would that mod have something to do with smart milk Waiting?  Cause a nanny just got mad at my smart milk machine and punched it WTF...(something I've never seen before) then the smart milk bottle glowed red and my toddler choked and coughed after she drank it--freaked me out.  Also she had no smartmilk glow.   Nail Biter Oh man is my toddler going to croak?  Darn that impatient nanny Swear!

That would be because the Nanny was below Gold Aspiration. Sims below Gold Aspiration who make Smart Milk for toddlers will eff up the brewing and produce bad Smart Milk that will make the toddler feel bad and throw up. Because some toddlers have a Throw Up fear it may have a negative effect on their aspiration meter. Ideal if you want them to Grow Up Badly.

Here's a couple of things I just recently discovered:
1. Sims with high Film and Lit enthusiasm will read a book while walking somewhere.
2. No de-zombification for you! Resurrecting dead zombies - that is, killing a Sim, bringing him back as a zombie, killing them a second time and resurrecting him again - won't turn it back to a human Sim, not even if you pay full price.
3. Some Sims - usually unselectable visitors - will autonomously inspect the Cowplant, make a first reach for the vine cake (that the Cowplant will playfully dodge) and then smarten up and give up. It happens right after the Cowplant sniffes them top to bottom; they won't make a second reach, after which the Cowplant usually plunges forward to swallow them whole. I really freaked out when one of my Sims invited his brother over and the brother fawned around the Cowplant for a while, but the action seemed to fall off the queue before the Cowplant had the opportunity to eat him. It happened a second time with a different Sim. Weird. Not entirely sure it's not a glitch.
4. The Grim Reaper won't come if a Sim is eaten by a Cowplant (yes, I'm currently obsessing over Cowplants. Can you tell?)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: