Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:39:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Things you've only recently discovered about the game  (Read 99004 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2009, 01:54:30 am »

Thanks for letting me know that, lol.  Smiley

Sims by Dasi:

VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2009, 04:53:28 am »

For the longest time I've not been giving my simmies any cars-not thinking that they could assign the car to a specific sim. I always thought that it wasn't assignable-that the message "Assign car to" meant something else.
I just found that out-you can assign the car to one sim and they will go off to work with it, and cancel the car pool.
Call me dumb, ok?
But I'd still like to know if you can have two cars in the driveway somehow, and assign each other to a driver. Can you even put driveways side by side? (It would take a huge lot to do it with, I know.)
Edit:
I found that you can put two driveways in the lot (if it is big enough) and thus have two cars for two sims-I'm sure that given enough space, you can have alot of cars, one for each member of the house.
The only problem is that the darned things do slow down the game when they're coming or going.

A couple of things...  You don't have to put the driveways side-by-side.  There are driveway extensions that can hold an additional car.  If there is a car on the driveway, the car that is on the extension *teleports* to the road, and takes off very quickly.  I use this all the time.  I put a car in the garage [on a driveway extension], and put a second car on the driveway behind it.  No more being late for work because your sim takes a half hour just to get out of the driveway...

Check out my HubPages for useful computer tutorials.  [link under wolfie]
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2009, 05:52:36 am »

I did find that out last night-that the extension actually makes room for the second car. Cool! Now my simmies can all get to work at the right time.
But the amount of time it takes them to eat or take a shower is nutso-I mean, an hour? I'd use up all my water in the water heater if it took me that long!

Feisty32
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2009, 06:48:02 am »

Ok would that mod have something to do with smart milk Waiting?  Cause a nanny just got mad at my smart milk machine and punched it WTF...(something I've never seen before) then the smart milk bottle glowed red and my toddler choked and coughed after she drank it--freaked me out.  Also she had no smartmilk glow.   Nail Biter Oh man is my toddler going to croak?  Darn that impatient nanny Swear!

That would be because the Nanny was below Gold Aspiration. Sims below Gold Aspiration who make Smart Milk for toddlers will eff up the brewing and produce bad Smart Milk that will make the toddler feel bad and throw up. Because some toddlers have a Throw Up fear it may have a negative effect on their aspiration meter. Ideal if you want them to Grow Up Badly.

Here's a couple of things I just recently discovered:
1. Sims with high Film and Lit enthusiasm will read a book while walking somewhere.
2. No de-zombification for you! Resurrecting dead zombies - that is, killing a Sim, bringing him back as a zombie, killing them a second time and resurrecting him again - won't turn it back to a human Sim, not even if you pay full price.
3. Some Sims - usually unselectable visitors - will autonomously inspect the Cowplant, make a first reach for the vine cake (that the Cowplant will playfully dodge) and then smarten up and give up. It happens right after the Cowplant sniffes them top to bottom; they won't make a second reach, after which the Cowplant usually plunges forward to swallow them whole. I really freaked out when one of my Sims invited his brother over and the brother fawned around the Cowplant for a while, but the action seemed to fall off the queue before the Cowplant had the opportunity to eat him. It happened a second time with a different Sim. Weird. Not entirely sure it's not a glitch.
4. The Grim Reaper won't come if a Sim is eaten by a Cowplant (yes, I'm currently obsessing over Cowplants. Can you tell?)

i can relate to number 3 when my sims greet their vistors and they go over to the cowplant and in a second they died lol. Grin Cheesy
cavecat

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2009, 01:30:12 pm »

I've had the game since the week it came out, but sometimes I'm surprised when something unexpected happens. How about you?

I just discovered today that sims can use the mirror to practice romance - while holding a baby. My self-sim has six boys, and the younger set of twins are still babies. I had her check on Henry and then practice romance at the mirror because a want for gaining a charisma skill point appeared. When I checked to see what she was doing, she was holding Henry and talking to the mirror =)

What cool things have you recently discovered?

I just discovered 2 days ago(my laptop is site blocked by my dad...protection Sad ) that my sims could woo hoo in a photo booth!
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2009, 01:06:07 am »

{excerpt-->}...that my sims could woo hoo in a photo booth!

That sims can W00T on a Park bench too Dance

Sims by Dasi:

Karla!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2009, 09:21:54 am »

and on hammocks XD

[i recently discovered that =S]

Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2009, 11:44:14 am »

Really? ... What about the ones on community lots?  shocked

My other ride is a chocobo.
Feisty32
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2009, 01:38:57 pm »

rofl i did'nt know they can woohoo on a park bench haha.

and don't forget the elevator lmao that one never gets old. Grin
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2009, 08:55:33 pm »

Really? ... What about the ones on community lots?  shocked

Yes Titter. Mine were at Woodland park (Is that the name? I can't remember--the one with the gazebo).  They had driven there on a dream date (I just wanted to check out the lot) and they changed into undies (whichI mistook for swimsuits) before sitting on the gazebo bench Tee Hee which I thought was strange.  I was thinking "gee I guess they have swiimming here..."  Next thing I knew spinning hearts for (park bench) woohoo.  Blink Giggle

Sims by Dasi:

Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2009, 08:56:29 pm »

Yes Titter. Mine were at Woodland park (Is that the name? I can't remember--the one with the gazebo).  They had driven there on a dream date (I just wanted to check out the lot) and they changed into undies (whichI mistook for swimsuits) before sitting on the gazebo bench Tee Hee which I thought was strange.  I was thinking "gee I guess they have swiimming here..."  Next thing I knew spinning hearts for (park bench) woohoo.  Blink Giggle

That's hilarious. My Sims are going to the park now ...  Wink

My other ride is a chocobo.
Feisty32
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2009, 09:34:36 pm »

haha like i've said i always learn something new here lol. Grin

the woohoo in elevator gives the song love in a elevator by aerosmith a whole new meaning haha. Grin tongue
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2009, 09:51:37 pm »

What I found funny is that the ghosts on residental beach lots goes swimming, when ever they're out of their graves. They change into swimsuits and dive in. The funniest thing is that they don't swim only in the sea but on the land as well, above ground. I noticed this the first time, when one member of the family was watching TV and his dead grandpa swam past the window. Grin

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2009, 11:08:55 pm »

Wow! Laugh2  Did the sim react to the grandpa?  I have to check that out.  Oh & btw yes, it was a community lot park bench Wink .

Sims by Dasi:

Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2009, 12:48:26 am »

I think that may be a feature of ACR you're seeing, DaSpecial1. Sims can woohoo on couches. Did they use the makeout action?

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: