Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:16:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Things you've only recently discovered about the game  (Read 99041 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dreadwolf

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: December 19, 2010, 02:07:03 am »

well all i can say is my game is so full of Chris Hatchs stuff i
could not tell you if the stuff i come across is from EA or him

Ride it like you stole it
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 19, 2010, 03:10:24 am »

Well, since we know you can find the shift key (Wink), can you please take the time to make sure you're using capital letters where they should be (beginning of sentences, the nominative "I", etc), so as to ensure what you post is easily understood by everyone? Thank you. 

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 19, 2011, 01:12:59 pm »

I just found out kids can slide down the rail instead of walking down the stairs.

http://dragcave.net/view/FQZT<<<< clickety click click

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
Max24

junior deputy vice assistant

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 23, 2011, 11:55:38 pm »

I recently discovered that when a simmie gets abducted by aliens his/her "needs" gauges go bonkers and look like a disco light show.  I wonder if the baby will be a little green alien since the mom was already preggers when she got abducted.

Addendum:  Turns out the little one was a regular baby.  Or as regular as babies get when the mom is a very pale, pointy-eared elf gal.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 11:59:41 pm by Max24 » Logged

Rest in peace Katie Ashton.  The world is a lesser place for your absence.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 24, 2011, 12:07:40 am »

Hate to disappoint you Max, but it's only the men who get pregnant when they get abducted. At least this has been my experience.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
MissBubbles

RAWR! :>

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 24, 2011, 12:17:16 am »

Unless you get pregnant by a hack or testingcheats for a female. Cheesy
I made lots of cute alien babies by females using testingcheats.

All you have to do is swat me with a roll of newspaper and I\'ll behave.
edinfresno

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 02, 2011, 11:47:34 pm »

Yes, absolutely! I'm always discovering new things in Sims 2. One of the most recent things I discovered is that I can easily reassign Adult Female outfits to Elder Females in Sim PE. That happened quite by accident when I was playing around one day in Sim PE and just out of curiosity opened up a clothing package file just to look at the "guts" of it (Which is something I really like to do, in spite of the risks involved).

While poking through the different parts I came across and opened "Property Set". Curious I looked into that and an item called "Age" caught my eye. Even more curious now I went online and began investigating the whole clothing package property set thing and it was at that time that I discovered that I could change clothing age assignments by changing the last two numbers in the property set value to the appropriate number (48 for young adults, 08 for adults and 10 for elders).

I was totally delighted by this discovery and proceeded to reassign several adult outfits for Elder use. This has turned out great because I always disliked the Maxis default elder female outfits and always felt my elder ladies could look way better than Maxis thought they should.

Another discovery in my next thread since this one's too long already.

Another fairly recent discovery was something I'd always guessed at but had not tried, before: How to make "better" elders.

I'd always hated how elders were discriminated against in Sims 2 and had always wanted to do something about that.

Being fairly familiar with Sim PE (I'm no expert by any means) I knew a Sims age assignment could be changed in the Sim overview panel so, having several elder Sims who I thought were being treated like crap I opened their files in Sim PE and, using the overview panel, changed their age assignments from Elder to Adult. Viola! All of a sudden these poor, neglected elders were being treated like regular people! Huzzah! Cheesy

It was that way that I also found I could create some very lovely and sexy Elder females as well, creating them as adults in CAS and then reassigning their ages in Sim PE overview. It's made for some truly interesting and fun sims!

*Admin note: Ramble on! Posts merged because replying to yourself within a 24 hour period is bad*
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:23:55 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
Vampire Lion
I specialize in all around awesomeness!

If you put God first, you'll never be last.

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 16, 2011, 09:43:24 pm »

I don't think this is exactly new,but while I was searching through the internet {out of completely boredom} I read something about being able to see Bella Goth in Pleasantview while cruising in a hot air balloon..so sure enough,I turn the game on and visit Pleasantview..and what do you know,people weren't kidding..ha. If it wasn't for those people with sharp eyes,I wouldn't have ever spotted Bella in the hot air balloon..but her body looks weird..like she's extremely thin,I don't know..but that was pretty cool to see. Geeky..yeah,I know. XD

REMEMBER: Eat your school, stay in drugs, & don't do vegetables, okay?
LVishere

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 29, 2011, 03:13:23 am »

That sims can call and ask if they could come over.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: April 29, 2011, 05:59:45 am »

They do that all the time in my game. Kind of annoying, really...

The reason the "Bella" in the balloon is thin, SAM, is that the mesh used seems to be just a simple polygon with a Bella-picture on a transparent background, or something along those lines.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 29, 2011, 06:39:41 am »

They do that all the time in my game. Kind of annoying, really...

The reason the "Bella" in the balloon is thin, SAM, is that the mesh used seems to be just a simple polygon with a Bella-picture on a transparent background, or something along those lines.

LOL I really never knew about the Bella thing. I wonder how hard people have to look for that one XD
Vampire Lion

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 29, 2011, 06:52:23 am »

Lmfao @ Fate,agreed.

I discovered a while back that my vistors/friends/family will actually SAY goodbye to my sim now instead of just jogging out of the door at 1 in the morning,haha.

carenmrose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: May 04, 2011, 11:59:53 pm »

Just found this out, and it was one of those "OMG WHAT??" moments where I felt like slapping myself for not having known it all along.

You can rotate floor tiles ... using the < and > keys, just like *any object* ... so like those dashed road lines ... you can make a double-dashed line down the road.  And so many other things.  Wow.

Check out my website
and my story "Picking Up the Pieces"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
darkwingeddoll

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 05, 2011, 04:17:31 am »

I discovered yesterday that when a sim relaxes on his bed and there's a radio in the room, he can listen to music while relaxing   Cheesy
Vampire Lion

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 05, 2011, 07:45:41 am »

I've discovered that you can get a complaint from your apartment neighbors for woohooing in the closet..lol. My sims did that at 1:00 in the morning the other day,and their upstairs-friend came down complaining...XD

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18
  Print  

Jump to: