Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 07:09:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: University Family Bin?  (Read 3374 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SeZZa

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2008, 02:34:28 am »

Hey everyone!

I have a Sim who is stuck in the University Family Bin.
I want to know how to move her into the Neighborhood Family Bin.

It seems that I have something that is crashing my University expansion as when I tried to move my Sim into a dorm, it simply wouldn't load.

Anyway, I was sure that there was a way to directly move my sim from one family bin to another...

If anyone knows how to do this, PLEASE share!!!

Thank you!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 03:22:52 am »

Only way to move back from Uni is to be in a dorm/residence/Greek house and use the phone or computer.  Well, only way without using someone in the neighborhood to invite them over and cheat a move in (but that person in the sim bin would have to have a cell phone).  Or a teleporter to do the same thing if no one knows the person or there's no cell phone.
verenaheu

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 03:40:04 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1449565
Well, only way using someone in the neighborhood to invite them over and cheat a move in (but that person in the sim bin would have to have a cell phone).  

If you want to do it that way, you need the easy phone from here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=293793
you can call anyone in the neighborhood, including bin sims. (power call)
You need not to cheat, but you have to make friends high enough to have the sim want to move in.
If you succeed, you can delete the phone afterwards again.If you don´t want it...
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 06:43:04 am »

No, the cheat is still needed.  You cannot ask to move in or propose marriage to a playable YA without a cheat of some sort.
SeZZa

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 01:35:45 am »

I want the Sim in the Uni bin to move back into her parents house... So the relationship should be good enough... I don't believe she has a cell phone on her though...
verenaheu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 01:51:35 am »

If I remember right, I´ve done it before, they grow up to adult on the spot. But it is some while ago, so maybe i´m wrong.:old:
Oh, and the sim in the bin doesn´t need to have a phone, with the easy phone you can call any sim with the power call!

Good luck!:thumbup:
SeZZa

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 02:00:25 am »

Thanks!

I have downloaded the phone thingy.
Hopefully it does the job when I transfer it over to my gaming computer.

Cheers.
verenaheu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 04:08:23 am »

Hi there, I´m back after trying it myself!:sad3:
Sorry, it didn´t work. My Sim invited Jimmy Phoenix, who is a bin Sim,
after making friends with him on the phone.
They even got engaged! :-P
But the proposal "move in" was not available.
I think, as I done it, it was just as University was the 1.st EP. I remember the student having a bad memory: not having been to college. And i remember that he grew up after being asked to move in.
:iamwithstupid111:  edit: Now i remember, that was a NPC!! That must be the difference!

But possibly now the cheat that ancienthighway suggested can help?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 04:40:33 am by verenaheu » Logged
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 12:57:32 pm »

Get cypherspunks' Grow Up hack from MATY.  Any Townie can be asked to Grow Up.  I use it both to age childhood friends to Townie teens and to convert Townie teens into Dormies (warning: must be done on campus).  I usually forget to keep aging them (to adult and elder) unless they're a romantic interest, but I think of it as they moved elsewhere when they graduated.

Although I think a Dormie can be Moved In, Grow Up works much better!  (I helped debug it.)

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 03:46:13 pm »

There's no problem moving in or marrying dormies.  With a playable sim though that is on campus, neither of those options work.

With the sim in the sim bin, using one of Inge's teleporters, or the Family Tree from InSIM will allow you to move the sim in.  The sim would then age.  Or you could move the sim into a dorm and have him or her quit school, which would place the sim in the sim bin in the main neighborhood.  Merge households would work then.  There's any number of options to get the sim moved in, except the propose/move in and propose/marriage.
SeZZa

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 07:58:46 pm »

Well, I found that I didn't get the 'move in' option either. So what I did was, when I invited the daughter back to the house, I used the InSIMenator to change her back into a teenager. I found that this worked.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: