Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 08:45:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help needed. Angle object placing trouble!  (Read 1170 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Cluedo

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2008, 03:05:40 am »

Alright, this problem is very strange.

Previously, I've been able to place object at angles with the allow45degreerot...etc. cheat and more recently, the See Them 2.31 Hack. Everything has been fine.

Recently, something irritatingly strange happens when I go to place objects onto the grid. I'll try and describe as best as possible.

Alright picture this. An object can be placed North, East, South and West. Now examine this example:

e.g. I place an object on the grid and have it face East. It automatically faces South when I release the mouse. To get it to face East, I have to pick it up again and physically maneuver it with the mouse to get what a want.

Understand? Fine with basic directions. NOW, when it comes to placing at an angle, that's a different story. I have to use the "<" and ">" keys to angle. Now, this worked before, but now because of the recent problem.  If I want my chair to face North-East, it automatically resets itself  to the basic South direction when I release it.

The mouse won't do that for me either since you can't angle with the mouse, so the mouse maneuvering is out of the question.

Do you guys understand? Has this happened to anyone? Please help. Most appreciated!

-Matt
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 04:20:02 am »

First, is See Them 2 in your My Documents--EA Games--The Sims 2 folder, but not the Downloads folder?

If the answer is yes, then that's fine, as that is the place for it. If the answer is no, move See Them 2 to The Sims 2 folder.

Sounds most likely, though, that you have a conflict with another hack.

Temporarily take See Them 2 out of your game and see if the problem clears up (don't Save the game you test with, just Quit).

If the problem does not replicate, then you have a conflict with another hack and will have to find that offending file and delete it.

Or you can try just turning off the diagonal option in See Them 2 and see if you can still place items on a diagonal without a glitch (indicating that you have some other item loaded in your game which enables diagonal placement).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: