Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 10:18:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CC is always incompatible help!  (Read 2394 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
firerayne

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2008, 07:35:20 am »

Hi,
Since AL every time I put new stuff in the game it crashes! I alwat
ys have an in testing folder for new stuff so I can just take it out but locating the offending items is difficult and random, it'd creator's i've used before with no hassle and it's ruining the fun of downloading extra stuff and im having to take stuff out, load the game, tput some back in blah blah blah can anyoe shed light on this? Thanks
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 07:42:11 am »

Crashes the game as in it won't start?  Delete groups.cache and accessories.cache for the game, and cigen.package for Bodyshop.

If you mean crashes the game as in you are in CAS/Bodyshop/Changing Appearance/Buy new clothes/Buy mode/Build mode, then you have a mesh that is either requires an EP/SP you don't have or a mesh that is corrupted.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 07:53:31 am »

also, remember that hacks (especially insim/inteen, and global hacks) needs updating for new EP's. So if they worked before, they don't neccessarily work now.

You should try to move out your downloads folder (to somewhere else on your computer), and try playing on a new, clean lot and see whether or not the game crashes then. If it don't crash now, then there's some CC or a hack that is incompatible with AL.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 07:55:43 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
firerayne

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 08:45:12 am »

I cal load a game but when I go to the objects section and click on objects it say this application has crashed all my stuff is updated, it runs fine if i don't add anything new maybe it's just a lot buggier
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 10:04:22 am »

That does sound like an object mesh that's giving you problems.  Meshes will crash the game, mods that are incompatible will cause jump bugs or cause object errors (depending on testing cheats disabled or enabled).

If you don't have your meshes organized, get Delphy's Download Organizer and find the object meshes.  Then it's a matter of a binary search to find the one(s) causing the problem.  If it's a recent problem, take a look at your new downloads first.
firerayne

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 06:05:23 pm »

Thanks for the help, if I re-download that mesh will it work or is it just incompatability?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 08:14:50 pm »

It's probably incompatible.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: