Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 03:28:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AL problems  (Read 2777 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jacques34

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2008, 09:37:15 am »

Hi. I have had a few issues with AL, which I added recently. I have brought these up to AE, but they have provided no solution, no constructive help and not even a hint as to what is going on. Perhaps some one here can help.

There is one lot (Audrey Manor) which I cannot access. As soon as the lot begins to load, the game crashes. I have tried a couple things that I can think of. I have uninstalled and re-installed the EP. I have packaged the lot, deleted the in-game lot and then used the packaged one. I have tried moving a family into the building ... still crashes.

And then there is the issue that my warlocks don't fly. The option appears, but nothing happens.

Helicopter will take a Sim to a community lot, then becomes unselectable, so that the Sim cannot go home.

Sims cannot walk to anywhere.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 10:07:13 am »

Audrey Manor has that big aquarium that doesn't like the mod that changes the water color I believe.  One of the early threads in this section talks about it.

It sounds like you've got some other mod conflicts or mods outdated too.  Pull them out, do some research to see what's been updated and what doesn't work anymore.
jacques34

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 08:59:04 am »

Thank you for your suggestions. I will give them a try. I do recall having a mod involving water. How can i determine which mods affect what? Thanks for any assistance.
jacques34

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 11:53:58 am »

I tried disabling all custom content. I still could in no way access Audrey Manor. I haven't looked at the flying and helicopter issues.

I am now quite curious as to what the inside of Audrey Manor look like. Should I just give up?
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 04:05:35 pm »

No, don't give up. the LAST thing I would do is resinstall or give up. ancienthighway is right. Pull out your Downloads folder and place it on your desktop. If you can access the lot then you know it's one of the hacks/custom content. Then it's a search and destroy. Do you have subfolders? It makes it a lot easier. Remember once you go into a lot not to save. It will over ride any CC with Maxis content.

Do you have a Default folder? If it still crashes you may want to check that folder too. Also, remember to delete the thumbnails in the thumbnail folder and remove the groups.cache, accessory.cache and cigen.package files.

Leave the contentregistry file alone.

Do you use Delphy's Download Organizer or Sims2pack? These are also great for finding hacks. Delphy's Download Organizer is what I use. You can move any hacks that you find to a separate folder and then make sure they are all updated for AL.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 04:19:11 pm by J00wish » Logged

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: