Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:19:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Packaging Problem  (Read 2455 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Firestar

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2008, 04:32:14 am »

I'm looking for some help with something that is happening when I package lots.

The story goes like this.   A couple of months ago I got a virus which is now gone but in its wake seems to have left some damaged cc films.  Add to this the fact that because I am doing a sims story and have a lot of cc stuff which I need, I can't just remove CC and start again.  I came up with a plan to try to keep what I need and then start anew with cc.  

I thought that if I opened a new user in my computer, packaged all my current lots and moved them into the new user account I could then add in the hood I use for the game and delete everything in my first user account.  Presto fresh start.

So tried one lot.  The house does not appear in house bin.  But all the cc from the house is there in the catalogue.  

I checked with clean installer to see if the house segment was there in the package and yes, it is.  However the package appears ti be full of random sims.  Some of them are listed as 'person] and others as game object.  Only two sims belong in the house.  

I checked the other lots I had packaged an they are all the same.  I'm wondering if this is why the house is not loading into the house bin, and if anybody knows what I should do about it.

Always trust your first initial feelings, Special knowledge holds true, Bares believing, I turned around, In the crystalline knowledge of you.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 04:43:48 am »

It's been my experience that after you install a house, it appears at the very end of the Houses Bin.

If you're packaging Sim in the house, becareful that they don't have memories of meeting people that were in the same neighborhood. If they have any memories at all, you may have problems with your game.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Firestar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 04:48:45 am »

Thanks Ekozski, yeah I have a load of installed houses in my main lot and thats where I am looking.  The  house has two resident sims and I would find them remembering people a bonus if it were to happen.  Its the other eleven 'game object' and 'person' sims that shouldn't be in the install file I am concerned about.  Like you said the houes usually go in at the end of the house bin.  I went through the whole bin and this one didn't show.

Always trust your first initial feelings, Special knowledge holds true, Bares believing, I turned around, In the crystalline knowledge of you.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 05:17:19 am »

The Download Organizer identfies "Raw Sims" in your downloads folder. It just doesn't say who they are.

If I ever have a problem with my downloads folder, I always use that.

You might want to try SimPE, and go into the neighborhood view and see what's up.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Firestar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 05:18:33 am »

ok, thanks

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 06:01:03 am »

If you want to move the hood and it's residents to a new user account, why don't you move the hood wholesale rather than attempting it lot by lot?

What you are doing (packaging occupied lots) is a very bad idea. It will kill your hood. When you package a pre-played occupied lot, you sever all relationships those sims had with sims living in the hood. But they retain their memories. This is not a "bonus" as you called it but a curse on your new hood. What will happen is that memories of these sims that don't exist in the new hood will spread throughout the hood via gossip and attach themselves to all sorts of sims. Then, one day, a baby will be born with the same character file number as one of these phantom sims from the previous hood. The toddler will most likely have adult wants - this is a corrupt toddler, and I don't mean in a Dr Evil way. And the hood corruption will keep spreading until all the sims develop the jump bug which you will not be able to get rid of by removing your CC - it will be all the sims themselves that will be corrupt.

If you want to move the hood then move the whole N00x folder. If you want to just move houses and sims and not the whole hood, extract the sims, get Inge's Stay Put Things Shrub from Simlogical and move sims out of their houses while leaving their furniture behind, and package the empty lots.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Firestar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 06:45:02 am »

I need to move the houses lot by lot Engram, to move the cc needed for them packaged with the houses.  But thats a good idea about the empty lots.  If I put a copy hood into my current game then package the lots empty that may work.  I can put the copy hood back into my main account if it all goes pear shaped in the new user site.  Part of what I am trying to do is remove some cc issue that is messing with my current game and not letting my sims shop and causing havoc with my transport at times.  It would be so easy just to start again from scratch if I did not have about 30 lots vital to a long running story on the adult site that I really don't have the time or inclination to rebuild.

miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 08:10:13 am »

Split plan...

Pack the houses in the old game/hood.
Install them with Clean Installer into the new 'hood.
Open the Lot Bin to "Occupied Lots" and delete them.

Now zip the entire Neighborhoods folder and move it as one piece.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Firestar

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 11:15:00 am »

Miros thats great, thanks

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: