Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 08:46:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sims 2 open for business help  (Read 2888 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tin ribby

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2008, 08:07:50 am »

i realy want to get the best of the best award in the sims 2 open for business but i can only make a business that gets a bad award
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 08:15:25 am by dolding35 » Logged

formerly dolding35
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 08:41:51 am »

The award is tied to gold loyalty stars and to the reporter.

Schmoozing with (chat, joke, etc.) the reporter notes is key.

Having the most attractive business environment (good lighting, some plants or signs or paintings to look at, etc.) will help as well.

See here for a bit more:

http://www.snootysims.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22821

You can spawn a reporter by this method:

http://www.simshelp.nl/UK/Sims2/Tutorial%20Open%20for%20business.html

Or with hacks such as this one:

http://modthesims2.com/download.php?t=136990
tin ribby

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 09:30:08 am »

can anyone tell me a good eficiant layout for a home business selling flowers and other garde excesseries

formerly dolding35
HollyD1983

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 09:44:33 am »

I have a Sim with a small flower and gift shop that just won two best of the best awards(it all happended last night,actually)The building is very small, on a 3X1 lot,everything is contained on 1 story,I made sure to use good floor coverings and wallpaper,everything is well lit,plus my Sim has a top reputation.But the major factor I think could be gold badges,my Sim has practically every gold badge available,this allows them to be more efficent at the cash register,stock shelves better,and sell items better(they gain the dazzle interaction)I hope these suggestions help,and good luck:angel:

Lover of lederhosen
tin ribby

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 09:50:32 am »

what is the best business to go for home or on a comercial lot and which is the best type of business to go for:rabbit:

formerly dolding35
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 09:51:49 am »

Strictly a matter of personal taste, but if a home business and if there is enough yard space, setting it up under a large awning, perhaps with strings of party lights, might look nice. Some beches or outdoor seating to rest weary feet might help as well.

Oh. and be sure to provide customer access to a bathroom (build an add-on if you don't want customers tramping through the house) or port-a-potty or some such. You could even use a pay toilet to generate a bit of extra revenue.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 10:06:10 am »

For a home business, I prefer to go with an entertainment type venue.  Just set up a ticket machine and they will come.  There's no need for the owner to do anything except check entrance fee occasionally and add more fun stuff.  I'll put a couple bathrooms for them to use, but keep my house locked for my privacy.  The drawback is trying to get people to actually visit you.

With the income from that and a temporary job, I raise the money to open up a sales business on a community lot.  It doesn't matter what is sold, the customers will come.  I do try to avoid beauty shops/spas, restaurants and clothing stores though. Little money in those, especially as the business grows and employees are added.
tin ribby

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 11:56:48 am »

which is better a shop that sells something i.e. flowers or toys or a amusment arxade or agym

formerly dolding35
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: