Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 12:59:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing wheel options?  (Read 2245 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
panthra

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2008, 04:52:50 am »

I'm sure this is something to do with the mods I've downloaded, but I'm not sure about the solution.
Long story short, when clicking on open ground, I don't get the option to birdwatch, hunt for bugs, or a few others. I do have FT, and the sims have enough enthusiasm to do these things.
I have had this problem before, and I believe I was directed to some program that could disable conflicting mods. This was on a different computer however, so I no longer have this program, or remember what it was.

I'd be really grateful if anyone could offer some advice.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 07:28:17 am »

Not having those options leads me to believe you've got either an outdated Insim or Inteen in your game.
panthra

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 04:22:26 am »

Great, thanks.
I'll go look for the newest version then, see if that fixes it.
panthra

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 06:40:18 am »

Thanks for the advice, but I downloaded the new version, and it didn't fix the problem. =(
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 07:12:35 am »

some teleport hacks might mess up that menu. I've got a hack like that myself, I think - only, I can't find it... Sad so I can't ask my toddlers to "go/crawl here", and some of the other options on that menu are also buggy...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
panthra

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 06:09:38 am »

The only teleport hack I have is the insiminator itself.
Maybe I should temporarily remove it and see how that turns out.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 07:01:38 am »

If you just made sure you have the latest Insim it should be okay.

But with it still not working properly, my guess is you picked up some hacks when downloading lots, and now those are out of date.
panthra

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 03:01:52 am »

Ok, so does anyone know the name of the program where you can check for conflicting/outdated hacks?
I know this fixed the problem before, but I don't have the program any more, and can't remember what it was called.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 04:11:52 am »

There is no such comprehensive program.

There is the Hack Conflict Detection Utility:

http://208.109.175.73/Sims-2-Programs-10112006.htm

which can show you some definite conflicts, but may also produce listings of only potential or benign conflicts as well.

As far as finding outdated items, that is up to you to check at each location of origin of the hack.

Clean Installer can help you find the names of files you have which are hacks (hacks/mods are highlighted in CI in red).

You may well find some which you didn't know you had and don't want (those usually sneak in with custom lot full installations) and which you want to delete.

If you've never (or not recently) used Clean Installer, you can also readily remove duplicate files (you may have none or you may have several dozen) -- they are highlighted in pink, and are easiest to find by clicking the MD5 tab in CI once its scan list is completely loaded, which groups them together throughout the list. For pink duplicates, delete them all but one within each grouping. Exception: for pink files listed under Type as 'Empty Package' you can delete them all and do not have to keep one.

Other people swear by Delphy's Organizer, but my own experience is that it generates way too many false positive listings within my particular game and file configuration.
panthra

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 03:34:00 pm »

clean installer, that might be the one I meant.
Thanks.
I'll have to get back to you on how this goes.
My computer has been throwing up problems left and right these days
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: