Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 03:05:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: patch issues  (Read 2387 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
secretlywritten

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2008, 11:12:18 am »

So I JUST got Apartment Life yesterday and all that good stuff. I went to download the patch on the sims 2 site, but when I go to open it and use it it won't work. It tells me that an error occurred and says that i'll have to uninstall and reinstall apartment life for it to work.

I've done that twice and it still won't work. Is there some issue with the patch that I don't know about or...what?

rawr?
OMG! It's my sims!
secretlywritten

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 10:23:32 am »

I take it no one knows what the issue is?

rawr?
OMG! It's my sims!
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 12:42:37 pm »

Untill someone can come up with a solution to your problem, while in the mean time. You can use the search tool for related topics or just be Patient. You can also check out Posting Guidlines on what not to do on bumping your own thread.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 02:06:47 pm »

secretlywritten, have you ever installed a patch for any Sims 2 game?? Smiley  I just wonder if you are trying to open the patch file from the internet, instead of downloading it?? Go to the page the patch is on, click the link, when the dialogue box opens choose save. Save the patch to a place you can find it easily on your computer. Put in the AL disk, go to the patch and double click on it. It is a self extracting exe. file. It will patch the game and then tell you the update was sucessful. Give this a try and see if it woks for you.

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: