Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 03:08:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Neighbourhood View Problem :(  (Read 1609 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
xx.Abi.xx

View Profile WWW
« on: November 12, 2008, 07:49:55 am »

Right... when I click any neighbourhood, when it's snowing, for example, the only thing with snow on is the houses or decorations. The ground never gets covered in snow... but when I actually click on a house and play it, theres no problem.

Also, in the neighbourhoods, if there's any water, like a lake, there's normall an edge, with a white foamy look but now its all edgey and just drops to the water...

I've had this problem since installing the FreeTime Expansion pack. I've tried running the game with all custom content removed yet nothings helping.

Ive tried to ignore these problems for ages now but to be honest, they're really starting to get on my nerves Smiley

Any help is really appreciated !!!

Thanks Smiley
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 07:17:37 am by xx.Abi.xx » Logged

She reminded me of what it did to her when I left — what it still does to her when I leave. She feels horrible about bringing that up, but she’s right. I’ll never be able to make up for that, but I’ll never stop trying anyway.

~Edward Cullen, Eclipse,
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 08:48:09 am »

What type of video card do you have, and what's it's RAM size?  That's a definite contributing factor as to whether your computer can handle the snow graphics in that view or not.  If you do have a card that is supposed to be able to handle the slightly raised requirements of Seasons, make sure your video card drivers and DirectX files are up to date.  :angel:

xx.Abi.xx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 07:17:18 am »

Quote from: Tenshii~Akari;1453184
What type of video card do you have, and what's it's RAM size?  That's a definite contributing factor as to whether your computer can handle the snow graphics in that view or not.  If you do have a card that is supposed to be able to handle the slightly raised requirements of Seasons, make sure your video card drivers and DirectX files are up to date.  :angel:

I have no idea about any of it.... sorry.

The thing is, it worked before, but it stopped working..... I think, when I installed Freetime, not seasons as I put in my first post...

She reminded me of what it did to her when I left — what it still does to her when I leave. She feels horrible about bringing that up, but she’s right. I’ll never be able to make up for that, but I’ll never stop trying anyway.

~Edward Cullen, Eclipse,
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 11:19:36 am »

Go to Start => Run, type in dxdiag in the "Open" box and click OK.  The DirectX Diagnostics Tool window should show up.  Click on the "Display" tab, and look up in the upper left-hand box for your video card information.  Wink

And it's been said that with any newer EP you install, the demands on system resources also increases slightly.  EA may say that the minimum requirements are still the same, but depending on what type of computer you have and how much it can handle, it will probably require a little more than what they suggest to at least keep the game running properly.  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: