Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 01:25:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Food Thieves!  (Read 1413 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
chellebelle

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2008, 03:10:42 pm »

Hello,

I have noticed a problem when my sims go out to dinner on vacation lots and downtown lots: random townies will come up, take their plate, and go sit down and eat their food!!  WTH is with that?!?  I used clean installer but I cannot find a hack that related to food that could cause this!  I am open to suggestion!

Chelle:blob6:
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 09:01:08 pm »

To my knowledge, it's a random event. (Although you seem to be rolling "NPC steal my food" more often than usual.)

Sorry, that's all the help I really can provide.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 01:51:49 am »

There is a hack out there that stops this from happening or at least reduces the behaviour. I can't remember who made it, I'm thinking Two Jeffs. It essentially stops sims from grabbing a plate that is flagged "in use".

This happened to me, too, at the vacation restaurants. My sims just ended up ordering room service for all their meals because they could never eat the food they ordered in restaurants. I'll look around for that hack for you - I want it too, because I'm about to send some sims on vacation and I want them to be able to eat out. Happens the most in vacation hoods for some reason, not in Downtown or regular hood restaurants. It's puzzling and frustrating. Vacations are expensive enough as it is, without having to pay for food that gets stolen!

Edit: it's actually a Dizzy hack, which you can find at the Laden Swallow. It's part of the multi-hack-pack and the one you're looking for is food-busy-fix. http://www.nectere.net/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=4e5659d35589f1f2860e2144ab328a3e&topic=1140.0 Get the pack for your newest EP in terms of release order. I know it says in the description that it stops sims from food snatching when your sim opens the fridge but I'm pretty sure it stops the restaurant food thieves as well.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 02:15:59 am by Engram » Logged

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: