Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 10:49:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem With User StartUp Cheat  (Read 5354 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
papersky06

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2008, 01:58:07 pm »

I've searched and searched for help topics regarding the user-startup cheat, both here and @ MTS2, regarding how to make it/where to put it/what to write in it/ect. but have had no luck...

I had to re-install my game, but forgot to save my user-startup cheat, so I made a new one...and now it won't work. Everything is typed correctly, but I don't know if it's in the correct place. :sad1:

Could there be an issue with the application I'm using to write the cheat: TextEdit? What app do you guys use?

I guess I'm looking for people who have a Mac and a user-startup file to help me out and post what their file looks like and where they placed it.

Thanks so much in advance for anyone who can shed some light on the subject! :love2:
Carida

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 04:25:07 pm »

I went to go look where mine was located. And its in. mydocs/ea games/sims2/config

That's about all I can tell you. OH and I have a PC. So I don't know if its different for you. Sorry!

-C
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 04:30:52 pm »

It should be located in Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config

If you have a question about my mods post it here
papersky06

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 02:41:02 pm »

OK, I'll move/check to see if it's in there and report back. Smiley Thanks for your replies!
papersky06

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 03:26:31 pm »

Well, it was already in there with the correct file extension & I still can't get my cheats to work. When I type in my alias the cheatbox expands saying something about no such cheat and an error.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 06:05:57 pm »

What cheat are you typing? If you type help it should show all of your aliases.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: