Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 11:38:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: *New memories Requested!*  (Read 9497 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
prettystrange12

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2008, 09:40:28 pm »

A) In the new expansion Apartment Life, there is the Newson family
(the orphans). I used simPe to look up any memories to make their background story true. There is a memory for when a child gets taken away from the parent for the parent. But there is no memory for the child that says I was taken by social services. I would like to request a memory like that from the child's point of view. It'd be kinda harsh, but like I'll never see mommy and daddy again)...Nah.. Not that mean but you get my drift.

B) Maybe an orphan memory? Like now I have no family.  Some stories like Ophelia Specter, her parents died. And there is a orphan scholarship. There needs to be a memory when the parents die that the child is orphaned. Something like that?

C) I'd like a new sibling memory for when a new baby is born. It fits for aunts, grandmas and the like to have a subject joined the family memory. But a brother and sister should have a I get a new brother or sister. I can't wait to share my toys or something to that extent.

D) There should only be one first memory.. like first kiss, first date, and so forth. Why are there multiple first memories? Maybe you could do something about that?

E) There should be a go steady memory for teens, adults and elders. The go steady memory is a bit too teen for my adults that go steady. There is a bf/gf stage before marriage and after first date. Maybe you can create a new memory that covers all the ages? Perhaps create a go steady option for adults and elders?

F) When Cassandra gets left at the alter by Don, the left at the alter memory is more sad and regretful, it says they should have paid more attention. That's it's their fault. Sometimes bad things happen for no reason. I want her memory to be angrier. There is no excuse for being left at the alter. He could have broken off the relationship. lol. I would like an angry left at the altar memory. One of those how could they do this to me memories.

All my requests are asked. Please look into them! Been a fan of your stuff for awhile now. I know you're the man of sims 2 mods. Make my simming more interesting!

*All three threads merged together since they contained the same request. Please don't create more than one thread for the same request in the future.*
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 12:06:09 pm by Chaavik » Logged
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 10:09:36 pm »

The first two, A and B, would probably not doable because for one thing, when a child gets taken away by the social worker, every memory and every relationship the child had with his/her family before being taken away are wiped. The child essentially has a clean slate to start over if the child is adopted by another family. Yes, the child taken away from the social worker is placed in the adoption pool and is usually the first to be adopted.

I don't think that can be done for both A and B. Unless you want a different memory for parents to be a bit more gentler or softer, however you want to word that.

The other memories can be redone with different images and text when the pointer hovers over the image. I'll see what Mr. Squinge says about A and B, and probably the rest.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 08:32:01 am »

Please read this post rule #4 Smiley
For the duplicate memories EP3 required:no duplicate memories

If you have a question about my mods post it here
prettystrange12

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 10:02:47 am »

Oh! Sorry! First time posting a request. Be gentle!
Really? I haven't tried getting a child taken away. Is there anything you could do to keep the memories of the parents after their taken away? Or how do I create my own memories on simpe?
prettystrange12

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 10:12:21 am »

I want replacement memories for going steady and getting left at the altar. I feel they need to get upgraded. Like the go steady option should be more serious, Like we are going out now this is awesome. I want to use the go steady hack on modthesims 2 but the go steady memory doesn't fit well with the grownup memories. And an angry memory for getting left at the altar. The sim shouldn't think they did something wrong. The sim that left them is the jerk. They need to get mad!!!
prettystrange12

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 10:16:08 am »

Hi. Okay. Is there anyway to keep the memories of the child when they are taken away? I really wanted at least a I was taken by social services memory, to be there if they can't remember anything from before. They don't have to remember the parents. I just like drama to my story.

And I'd like an orphan memory for when the parents die and the child is alone. Like Ophelia Specter living with her aunt. Both her parents are dead. I want more emphasis that her parents are gone. It would tie in well with the orphan scholarship I think to have a memory of being orphaned.

If not, could you direct me to where I can learn to create the memories I want for Simpe? Thank you!
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 12:00:46 pm »

Have you tried getting Ophelia to apply for an orphan scholarship yet?

The only way (I know of) for a child to get a memory of being taken away from his or her family is to insert the memory using SimPE. Because when a child is taken away, all memories and relationships are wiped out no matter what.

I have seen people create custom memories, but how they did that, I have no idea. I never tried creating custom memories myself, but I do know that Squinge made a couple custom memories before. You could ask him how he did that if you are interested in learning for the sake of learning. As well as offer him chicken, chicken grease and beer. Cheesy

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
prettystrange12

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 06:54:35 pm »

Hmmm....I shall ask then. Cheesy
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 08:28:40 pm »

Sorry I don't do new memories because there is too much code to modify to make sims get the memories. I can replace a memory but it would just be the text I'm not good at creating new pic's.

prettystrange12

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 09:42:58 am »

Oh that's fine. I just want different word for the memories. I should have specified earlierr. Sorry bout that. By the way whatever happened to Dexter's Laboratory? It's never on cable anymore.... So sad
prettystrange12

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 09:44:17 am »

How do you do that anyway? Create memories on Simpe? I'll just create the abandoned child ones I want and add them through simpe. Would that work?
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 12:28:13 pm »

Quote from: prettystrange12;1459184
By the way whatever happened to Dexter's Laboratory? It's never on cable anymore.... So sad

Mr. Squinge broke into the cable company and stole the show for himself, thus Dexter showed up in his avatar pleading for help. Tongue

BTW, I think it should be "I'm a Dork" not "Hackmastah". Cheesy

Dancing Squirrels
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 02:15:07 pm »

You can't add new memories that you created to sims with SimPE Smiley

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 02:25:06 pm »

I don't really know the technical stuff about creating new memories. Try finding a tutorial either here (bottom of the main site) or at MTS2 (modthesims2). You can ask questions in either forum to see if someone can point you to a proper tutorial.

Dancing Squirrels
prettystrange12

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 02:49:47 pm »

Ahhh! Oh well, I shall have to live with a sucky memory log... unless you wanna replace the text for me, like a replacement memory for the ones you can do..... (puppy dog face... starts to pout, twirls curls with fingers trying to act humble....)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: