Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 06:50:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I think I may cry, still can't drive anywhere?  (Read 2797 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2008, 10:23:09 am »

I just reinstalled my game to fix that my sims can't drive anywhere and it resets them when I click, Drive Somewhere, and the problem persists. I am so upset, that I have cried for a while. I can't fix it, I JUST REINSTALLED THE GAME AND I SPENT 40 DOLLARS ON APARTMENT LIFE!

Sorry, I'm just heartbroken. Any fixes to this? D': :sad4:

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 12:45:59 pm »

It sounds like you are using a hack that isn't compatible with AL.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 01:25:10 pm »

This just demonstrates my statement that reinstalling doesn't do jack 90% of the time.

I'd be killer pissed at the genius that told you to reinstalled, and more if they didn't tell you to back up your game first!

Anyhow...

Go to http://www.modthesims2.com and find Delphy's Download Organizer.  Install and run according to instructions.  Do a full scan from the File menu.  Set the Filter pull-down to Hacks.  You can either use the program to move those files out of your game (to My Documents/Hacks) or just use the list of filenames to help you move them with Windows Explorer.  

Your game should work, including driving.

Now comes the fun part.  You get to search the Internet for newer replacements for your hacks.  

The ones you can't find, you get to put in one at a time and play a bit to see if anything else is broken.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 02:25:41 pm »

Miros and Squinge are both right. Your best bet (if you don't use subfolders) is to use DDO. Remember not to delete anything. Have you tried playing with all the downloads removed? That's the best way to find out if it's your game or hacks. Just remember not to save or it will over ride all of the CC with Maxis.

You can also list the hacks you can't find here. I'll check back. I spent two weeks driving Miros and Paden (as well as the gang at GSC2) crazy after I updated to AL and either couldn't enter a lot or my paperboy would get stuck. The issue for me was a buyable mailbox that came with one of the lots.

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 06:48:36 pm »

Alright, I ran it and just deleted all of my hacks that were red, some weren't. So now I will go ingame and check it out.

I was also thinking it may be the hack on modthesims2.com that let maxis wear show a pregnant sim's belly, because that's when the problem occured, when I downloaded that.

And yes, many idiots told me to reinstall, and I didn't back-up ANYTHING! >.<
So I had to spend a day redownloading some of it, thinking, according to them, it would be fixed, only to come back to play all happy, to find the same problem persists. That really made me mad.

Squinge, that's what I think it is exactly.

Me will be back soon :')

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 07:48:22 pm »

I'm still having the same problem. I'm going to try one more thing.

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 10:11:32 pm »

Your next thing to try is to divide and conquor. If you can drive without the Downloads then split them up. Put in a testing subfolder to start out with. If it works with those then move them to the main folder and put some more in the testing folder. I had over 14,000 to go through so I know what you're going through. Subfolders are awesome. Especially when something like this happens. It makes finding the problem so much easier.

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 08:14:12 am »

Great idea. Thanks so much. I meant to post anit was something that had to do not being compatibit was something that had to do not being compatible with Apartment Life, because when I went ingame, I disabled the custom content and hacks and the problem went away, so it was one of the hacks.
  Thanks everyone! Cheesy

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: