Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 03:52:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: [TS2] Family member instead of Social worker !  (Read 10765 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
babygirl246024

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 08:16:47 pm »

I think this is a great idea. i would love to see it done.
RedMist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 07:28:00 am »

Why when the parents are dead, the children are separated of their family even if their grandparent, uncle or aunt are still alive ?

I don't like their grandparents adopt a lot of children before the grandchild get back.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 08:41:27 am »

The problems with the social worker taking them,
1) The family member adopting them becomes their new mom or dad (yes, you can fix this with SimPE)
2) If the child's grades are higher than C, they drop to C  (again, SimPE fixable)

Maybe you could quickly save the house before the Social Worker arrives, switch to the family member's house and add the child(ren) to the new household using various cheats, such as SimBlender.

Or quickly pack up the family mementos into the child's inventory, save, and evict the child(ren) so they can merge their household with the desired family member's household.

Of course, I'm assuming the Social Worker waits an hour before realizing the child(ren) are home alone and arriving to pack them off to the virtual orphanage.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2010, 01:13:02 pm »

I agree with theraven...

But, I really love this idea!  Grin

Find me on moonlight <3
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 06:07:10 am »

I don't know it this helps in this case. I modified one of Inge's objects "IjTeleporterCat" so that when you put a child for adoption, this child won't lose memories and will be teleported to the adoption pool. I made a joke where you get money or have to pay for the adoption but this can be easy rechanged.
The advantage of the teleport cat is that you can choose which child you want to adopt instead of getting the last placed in the adoption pool.
You have to use the same teleporter to choose one of the children available, teleport it to the lot, adding the child to the family lot you are playing, then adopting it. If your Adopter Sim is married, both partners will get the respective adoption memories. This eliminates the Social worker completely.
The other advantage is that you don't need even to get a child from the pool, you can also teleport whatever Sim who doesn't have any parents and adopt him/her the same way. I modded the cat teleporter so that anyone can adopt anyone who is younger that the adopter self. So, an elder can adopt all up to adults and will have the same benefit. Teens can adopt anyone younger than themselves.
The only requirement is that the adoptee has to be moved in the lot. The teleporter cat has all the necessary tools.
The mod is in my forum. I'm very bad to link posts. If someone is interested, get it and link it here.
MissyLove

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 02:15:58 am »

Hello XPTL294  I would like to have the teleporter  if you could link it to me.
RedMist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 05:55:57 am »

Sims 2 Teleporters
http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Teleporters.htm
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: