Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 05:25:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Duplicate Disfunction  (Read 2009 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kendragon333

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2008, 01:16:52 pm »

Just a tip: Don't pull a sim from an apartment complex and then drop thm back in the same apartments to move them out of one unit and into another.  The program will freak out and register at least one of the sims as still being in the old apartment AND in the new one.  I think the sim had spawned two duplicates which were merging with her identity (both would light up simultaneously on the side face thingy when you hit one, as well as walk single file down the stairs when going to work) before I pulled the family out of the complex and dropped them into another one.  The duplicates did not recur after that.    :smt120
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 02:22:15 pm »

Thanks for the warning!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 11:11:24 pm »

I did it with no problems. I had a sim in a studio apt and realized that I wanted the 1 bedroom, so I moved him out and then back into the same complex and got the one bedroom apartment. Didn't see any duplicates, but the one sim apartment I took, now is living in the studio. Wink

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
kendragon333

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 02:05:04 pm »

Well, I don't know for sure that is what did it, but cannot think of any other reason it would have done that.  It might have been partially due to the sim in question being an NPC originally who first appeared in the complex.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 02:07:33 pm by kendragon333 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: