Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:55:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CAS screen crash  (Read 1224 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
heartless

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2008, 08:54:28 pm »

Okay, when I try to create a family it says "application has crashed" and the program closes. I used the hack conflict detector (none are conflicting) and even deleted a few hacks that I recently got that I figured might be doing it, but it's still not working.

Anyone have any ideas?
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 09:10:25 pm »

-Do you have any default skintones? You may have more than one for a skintone.

-Also, did you make any new sims in bodyshop and delete the groups.cache file before loading the game? That also causes a crash. If you need to delete the cache file (because the game won't load, it's too big, corrupted, etc...) you need to enter bodyshop again, and copy your new sims so that the game can generate a new one. This only applies to when you have just created a sim and need to open the sim bin for the first time with them. After that, you can freely delete the cache file without replacing it.

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
heartless

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 09:16:47 pm »

I think I found out what the problem was. I had extracted a few sims through simpe, and since I read another thread where someone was having problems with corrupted sims due to that, I deleted them from savedsims and now it's mysteriously working again. o_0 Thank you very, very much for the help though. I hate it when my sims stop working.
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 09:21:47 pm »

That, too. I try not extract sims unless I have to. But then I always copy the extracted sim, and delete the old one.

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: