Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:03:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: No More Social Group Walkbys - AL  (Read 19056 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« on: November 18, 2008, 08:36:15 am »

As Requested:
This mod prevents social group sims from walking by sims houses.

Apartment Life Is Required.

* NoSocialGroupWalkby.zip (2.04 KB - downloaded 1326 times.)

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 09:20:20 pm »

When you say "social group walkbys" do you mean it prevents only ONE social group from walking by or ANY walkbys from a social group? Just want to be sure I understand.

Thanks as always!
~dizi

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
Ghen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 09:59:47 pm »

Nicely done!

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 10:05:42 pm »

There are, I think, about three or four different types of groups from the base game up to Apartment Life.

The base game has a group of Sims called Townies. This group contains children, teens and adults who walk by the home lots and show up on community lots in the main neighborhood if no expansion packs are installed.

University has a group of Sims called Dorm Townies. This group contains only young adults who show up as dorm residents and walk by the dorms too. Professors are part of this group too since they walk by as well.

Nightlife has a group called Downtownies. These are the ones you see walk by the community lots or show up. You probably will recognize a few special NPCs (they're considered Downtownies too) like The Diva, Mr Big, Datable Slob (Male), Datable Slob (Female), Grand Vampires (one Male and one Female although they don't show up at the same time) and so forth.

Then you got a group of Sims contained to vacation 'hoods too. They are called Locals and Vacationers. They don't show up in the main, business (Bluewater) or downtown 'hoods unless you invite them for three days to visit with your Sims.

I think Seasons and FreeTime (combined) has a very small group of quite attractive Townies. Three of them are Jacqueline Kwa, Virginia Kwa, Oliver Seavy (with the flipback hair, not the bald one. There's two Oliver Seaveys) and a few more. These are the ones who don't look ugly by Maxis standards.

Now, you got a very annoying group of Sims called Social Townies. They are designated as apartment neighbors and walkbys on apartment lots. This has become a big problem because for some reason, you only see these Social Townies walk by or show up on community lots period. It's like they took over the world. They wear AL-only clothes and usually are the ones who initiate a special gesture (Kiss Kiss Darling, Fake Out, Earthy Hug) first.

With this mod installed,  you will get your old townies back as walkbys. These Social Townies are contained to community lots and are designated as apartment neighbors. They are prevented from being part of the welcome wagons and they don't walk by your lots ever.

Hope this is clear enough for those of you who aren't sure about what this mod does.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 02:09:45 am »

Cool. Thanks a lot for the explanation, Chaavik! I appreciate it.
~dizi

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
blondecrystal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 06:11:49 am »

Thank you!
bopashu2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 07:03:41 am »

this sounds great. I just getting tired of all those ppl stopping by all the damn time. it's annoying.
mnazeanze2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 07:41:29 am »

Thank you, Chaavik. That was very clear. I'm totally getting it now.

M.

~Rest in peace, dear Sasha~
Celestra

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 12:47:37 pm »

Thanks for this Squinge finally i can have my other own families walking past my home lots

:wav: Ok so i cant design anything worthwhile .But i can sure as hell download custom content as fast as the next person:slap:
paigeturnersims

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 02:29:23 pm »

So this will stop them entirely? But I want them some of the time... I get so sick of all the Goopys - of course I suddenly have professors walking by again and that sucks, they should be at university only.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 05:20:43 pm »

Yes it will stop them entirely.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 06:31:52 pm »

Amen!  I've finally (just) intalled AL, and they were immediately driving me nuts! You rock!

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
Celestra

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 05:30:49 pm »

Sadly atm its not working for me I still get only social group townies walking by they just dont pause any more but keep walking . I will try it for another couple of days and see if this kicks in and stops them as i miss my own sims walking by and visiting

:wav: Ok so i cant design anything worthwhile .But i can sure as hell download custom content as fast as the next person:slap:
promise2dream

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 07:23:49 am »

Thanks .... muchly appreciated Smiley
Netra
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 09:39:43 am »

Thanks for all the awesome mods Squinge!!:worship:

"If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it!"
Pages: [1] 2
  Print