Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:38:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Directx 9.0c  (Read 3729 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinkykeliah

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2008, 02:26:45 pm »

Hello everyone, i have a question for ya'll.. i went to go play my game and its giving me this error

I have downloaded directx 9.0c 3 or 4 times i delete it before i try it again..  i have restarted my computer and i have had some friends send me links cause they have had this issue too but they just redownloaded the updated verzion and there game worked well i have the updated verzion but my game still won't work.  also when i try to open up body shop i get this message

I don't know if i have to reinstall all my games, agian or what.. cause what i'm doing isn't working.. help please.. if you have any advice thank you
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 05:31:27 pm »

The error is related to your graphics card and not DirectX. What type of graphics card do you have? If you don't know and don't know how to tell, do the following:

Click on Start and then Run. Type in dxdiag. If this is the first time running it, you'll probably be asked if you want to verify your drivers are digitally signed. Click yes and you'll be taken to the DirectX Diagnostics tool.

Click on the "Display" Tab, and you'll see the details on your graphics card. What we want is the name.

Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
kinkykeliah

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 09:59:08 pm »

thank you and know this is what that infromation says i don't know which one is my graphic's card so i'll post the whole thing

thank you again i appricate your help Cheesy
missaaliyah

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 10:06:08 pm »

Quote from: kinkykeliah;1461069
thank you and know this is what that infromation says i don't know which one is my graphic's card so i'll post the whole thing

thank you again i appricate your help Cheesy

Your image wasnt working, but according to the picture, you only have 4MB graphics card, if that is so, then your computer is not compatible with Sims2 at all.

Here is your fixed image
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 10:54:49 pm »

It's definitely your video card. The Rage II series is over ten years old (1996) and supports only up to DirectX 5.  You definitely need an upgrade, and depending what your computer specs are (RAM, the motherboard you have, processor speed) it might mean a whole new computer to play sims2.

missaaliyah

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 11:11:55 pm »

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;1461119
It's definitely your video card. The Rage II series is over ten years old (1996) and supports only up to DirectX 5.  You definitely need an upgrade, and depending what your computer specs are (RAM, the motherboard you have, processor speed) it might mean a whole new computer to play sims2.

Yes thats exactly what I thought.

BTW there is a really good tool here, that lets you scan your pc to see if you can run certain games, obviously your computer will not work, but it will give you recommendations of what to buy to upgrade or what to look for when buying a new PC.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
kinkykeliah

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 02:01:00 am »

Thank you both, I had an e-machine and my game ran fine on it my mohterboard went out and a computer dude took my hard drive out and put it in a gateway...  thank you all i'm sad now.. knowing i can't play my game.. lol but thank you again.
dorkapalooza

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 04:27:55 am »

I have the same problem but it started a different way.  I have been playing with no problems then my drive pooped out on me and cant read the disk.  I tried to run it without and now it is giving me the message above.  I did run the systemrequirement tool and it says my video card failed.  I have only had this new computer a year with vista and up until now it ran fine.  Any ideas?

Remember the famous words of Jedi Master Dennis the Menace... "Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.":swst: [/COLOR]

Have A Great Day-  Sara  [/FONT]
albmont

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 09:14:53 pm »

After about half an year without The Sims 2 because Windows XP crashed,
I could reinstall Windows and try to play The Sims 2. I got this error:

Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!
  Please make
 sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter
  and have installed the latest
 drivers provided by the manufacturer. The
  application will now terminate.

Is there any way to bypass this error, or I must try to figure out how do
to whatever this message is trying to tell me to do?

Last time I tried to fix this error was probably what caused Windows XP
to crash.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 09:19:45 pm »

Albmont, kindly do not hijack another thread with your own help request, particularly one almost two years old. Start your own thread, please. As a long standing member, you should be aware of our feelings on thread necromancy. Yes, it's the time of year for scary things, but zombies are still unwelcome, Halloween or not.

Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 09:20:35 pm »

Your video drivers are likely outdated or corrupted. Try updating them as a start. Also, try reinstalling Direct X.

...also, just an FYI: given the age of this thread, you could've started a new topic.  

ETA:
Joy beat me to it. Oh well. She can kill all the zombies. Tongue

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: