Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 08:32:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with default skins (bicolor Sims)  (Read 1372 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
TropicalCherry

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2008, 02:35:15 pm »

Hello.

Thank you for coming in to try and help me (hello to the curious people who just came here for kicks too)

Anyway, here's my problem:

I want to change my game's default skin.

So, I downloaded the set I want (making sure it was a default set), unziped it and put it into a "Defaults" folder I created inside my "Downloads" folder (just to keep track of the default stuff I have since you're only supposed to have one set at a time from what I've read).

The other default stuff seem to be working fine, but the skin's being a pain.

It turns out I end up with bicolor Sims.

From neck up I have the skin of my choice, but from the neck down it's the awful maxis skin.

Yesterday I was able to have men use the skin, and it was sweet, perfect but women were still bicolor.

What am I doing wrong? (It's probably something incredibly stupid, but I can't figure it out)

Do I have to delete some file/package containing the original skins or something?

If you know how to solve this problem, could you please explain it step-by-step? I'm helpless with computers and everything related to it.

Thank you!

A.
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 04:47:35 pm »

Possibilty that you may have downloaded a sim wearing a default skin, i.e; extracted from game without the user paying attention. Could also be that they were made with pets bodyshop unpatched or any othese quite normal. You might want to throw those out and download a updated version or another set if you cannot find a solution.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 11:04:55 pm »

My best guess - you downloaded a skintone that is a dependent default. Either you did not read all the instructions on the download page and thus did not realise that you needed the custom skintone as well as the default add-on, or the creator forgot to mention that the skintone is dependent and you need both the default and the custom files.

The way dependent defaults work is that the default file includes all the textures for the sims's faces and the default file points to the custom skintone for the rest of the textures. Which is why you have custom faces and Maxis bodies. At a guess - you have downloaded either a Hysterical Paroxysm default set, the Louis edit by Nihilin or some other dependent default. There are not that many of them around.

Try going back to the page where you downloaded the default and read the instructions again - my bet would be that they say that you have to have the custom skintone in the game in addition to the default.

My other guess would be - do you have only one set of defaults in the game? Did you take out your previous defaults before putting in the new set? When you have two sets of defaults in the game, neither of them will work properly and you end up with the effect you describe - heads from one skintone, bodies from another. Take out your old default set and try again.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 11:09:23 pm by Engram » Logged

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: