Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:23:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: EP3 Required: In Testing Robots never break New Version Available(5/03/06)  (Read 22362 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2006, 11:48:24 am »

Quote from: Nec
No psychotic servos thusfar, though it took over a week of constant play before I had it happen without the hack.
Ok thanks when I tested the servo mod I had a servo use the hot tub & nothing happened to him.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 08:27:09 pm by Squinge » Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2006, 02:48:00 pm »

4/28/06 Version 1.0d
This should be the last bug fix needed.

Nec

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 08:28:56 am »

OK, installed the new version and I am getting various results on each lot.

Lot 1 - loading caused no errors. It turned off all 4 sentrybots, and they worked fine after being turned on. 3 bots were already broken - munchie, clean, and hydro. When turned on they functioned normally - no "repair" option available. Unbroken hydrobots broke almost instantly, but behaved normally once turned off and then on again. They continue sparking and smoking, but they still work. New bots have no problems so far.

Lot 2- Cleanbot was on and not broken. On lot load, it caused an error, flew into the air sideways, caused another error, flew higher into the air, and then disappeared.

Lot 3- Sentrybot and munchie bot were on and not broken. They flipped sideways and caused errors and disappeared when "reset". The cleanbot, which was on, had no errors and stayed put.

Lot 4 - 2 hydrobots, 1 cleanbot, and one munchiebot on. One hydrobot and the cleanbot were on their bases, as was the munchiebot. The other hydro was watering. On lot load, the two hydros and the cleanbot flew into the air sideways. The cleanbot snapped to the unoccupied hydro base, the hydro snapped to the cleanbot base, and both turned off. The munchiebot disappeared, and the hydro that was watering sunk halfway into the ground sideways and went to the other hydro's base - halfway underground and sideways the entire way.

Lot 5 - One hydro, one clean, both on bases. They both caused errors. The hydro vanished, and the cleanbot snapped over to the base that hydro was on and the base it was on vanished.

All broken bots work normally. Almost all bots that aren't broken break, and work normally after turning them off then on. I also entered the lots without testing cheats enabled, and the exact same things happened. I have error logs and took some screenshots as well - with and without the error popup. Want them?

PS - no servos running amok! I had mine go swimming, take a shower - no problem. As normal their motives drop, but they are being good servos Tongue
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 08:43:42 am by Nec » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2006, 11:41:00 am »

I have error logs and took some screenshots as well - with and without the error popup. Want them?
Thank you very much, I love the way you report test results:)   yes I would like to see the error logs if you still have them, if you want .zip or .rar the screenshots with the error logs.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 08:27:21 pm by Squinge » Logged

Nec

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2006, 01:47:47 pm »

Quote from: Squinge
Thank you very much, I love the way you report test results:) yes I would like to see the error logs if you still have them, if you want .zip or .rar the screenshots with the error logs.

OK, here you go. I renamed the images per house...I did not rename the log files per house. I am not sure if it really matters, if it does I can go through and do that.

Thanks for the compliment, sometimes I feel like I may be too thorough - a complaint I used to get a lot when I was fixing used cars to be put up for sale at the dealership I worked at :lol:

Lot 2 - Family Name: Geely

Lot 3 - Family Name: Tanner - Note -there is also a hydro on the lot, and servo was fixing the cleanbot at the time of load. After reloading (I did not save any lots except lot 1) I noticed that the hydro broke and shut off, but both hydro and clean stayed.

Lot 4 - Family Name: Moore

Lot 5 - Family Name: Guy
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 07:58:47 pm by Squinge » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 08:02:02 pm »

OK, installed the new version and I am getting various results on each lot.
With your last test results did any of those strange things happen with newly created robots? or just existing ones:)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 08:25:30 pm by Squinge » Logged

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2006, 08:12:09 pm »

everyone that uses my objects never break mod, I just realized that mod also works with all robots except servo's so you don't need to use this mod if you use that one.

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2006, 08:50:07 pm »

I just posted what should be the final version of this mod, this new version is not compatible with my objects never break mod.

Nec

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2006, 09:10:17 pm »

Quote from: Squinge
With your last test results did any of those strange things happen with newly created robots? or just existing ones:)

Just existing ones - I will try out your new version now Smiley
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2006, 09:29:13 pm »

Just existing ones - I will try out your new version now Smiley
Ok Thank you very much, I believe this will be the final version but I will know for sure once I see you results:)  & Thanks for being so thorough with your reports.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 08:25:01 pm by Squinge » Logged

Nec

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2006, 02:56:14 pm »

Well, the good news is that there are no errors when entering any lot. Robots are still breaking, and it seems to be pretty random, but it happens reliably. I tested with already-there robots on, off, and never used. I also tested with robots made after hack install - same thing. I tested in a new lot with a new sim, and had her earn the badges, rather than just give them to her - same thing, except the cleanbot didn't break for 11 sim days and she went through 3 hydrobots in that same time frame. It appears to have reduced some after exiting and restarting the game, but that could just be coincidence. The only bots so far that have not broken this time around are the munchies, though one changed into a sentrybot on lot load - which was rather bizarre, but it only happened at one lot, so I think it was a freak occurrence. Anyway, I will reload the game and let it run for a bit and see how and if things change.

Well, I had the new girl make a new hydro and clean, and they broke in two sim days, then I had her make another hydro and it broke within 1 sim hour. One thing that I have noticed is that if there is more than one on the lot at least two will break at almost exactly the same time. Still, no errors, which I think is good.

Edit: I thought I might add this in, though it is probably completely unrelated. As you well know the bots are considered NPCs, but what I find strange is that the sims set out plates for them when they are serving a meal, even though they obviously can't eat them. I have no idea if the fact that they are considered an interactive sim by other sims in some respects would affect the hack working or not, but it was just a thought I figured I would put out. Maxis works in strange ways, as we all know too well.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 05:39:59 pm by Nec » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2006, 07:16:02 pm »

Edit: I thought I might add this in, though it is probably completely unrelated. As you well know the bots are considered NPCs, but what I find strange is that the sims set out plates for them when they are serving a meal, even though they obviously can't eat them. I have no idea if the fact that they are considered an interactive sim by other sims in some respects would affect the hack working or not, but it was just a thought I figured I would put out. Maxis works in strange ways, as we all know too well.
Thanks:)  & maybe it is a maxis thing because this should have been the final update needed, I never knew that sims served meals to those robots, lol

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2006, 07:28:38 pm »

Sims serve meal to ghost so I am not surprise they serve meal to robots lol

It does make sense in a "Sim" way :tongue:
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2006, 07:54:30 pm »

Quote from: MissDoh
Sims serve meal to ghost so I am not surprise they serve meal to robots lol
I didn't know about the ghosts either ,lol I guess maxis must have rushed on releasing the sims to leave that code in the game:)

edit: now I wonder if the objects never break will still work with the robots according to the code it should, I will have to look deeper into the code & see if I can figure it out.

Nec

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2006, 08:01:50 pm »

I noticed something else interesting while testing, though with a sim NPC - the dateable slob. I had him move in with one of the bot makers (they fell in love) and she had ended up with a cheese aspiration via the orb. He was low in aspiration so I had him try and he became cheese, too. After going to sleep, when I had my sim selected, he would revert to pleasure upon waking. When I had him selected he would stay cheese when he woke up. In other words, perhaps the inability to have them as selectable characters may cause them to return to default Maxis behavior by default - if that makes sense.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: