Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 09:16:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AL Mailbox  (Read 3769 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SIMCITIZEN

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2008, 08:46:43 am »

Hi, this probably will sound really idiotic but can anyone tell me how to place the Apartment Life Mailbox outside and apartment building.  I cannot seem to find it.

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 03:50:27 pm »

You create your apartment building on a residential lot, making sure that it complies with all the requirements for being an apartment. And then you change it into an aparment building using the changelotzoning cheat, save and exit to neighbourhood, go back into the building - the mailbox should have changed. You don't actually place it - the game does the transformation for you.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
redsaxgirl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 10:42:46 am »

What if the AL mailbox doesn't show up? For the first week after I had installed the game, it worked fine. Weekly rent got taken out and the mailbox was there, but now its the residential mailbox (even on the Maxis made apartments.) Rent no longer gets taken out either. I went through all my downloads and disabled anything that I had downloaded after that first week, but to no avail. Does any one know what I should do? huh
SIMCITIZEN

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 12:42:24 pm »

You create your apartment building on a residential lot, making sure that it complies with all the requirements for being an apartment. And then you change it into an aparment building using the changelotzoning cheat, save and exit to neighbourhood, go back into the building - the mailbox should have changed. You don't actually place it - the game does the transformation for you.

Thanks so much, really appreciate the help.
Lerf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 01:23:17 pm »

What if the AL mailbox doesn't show up? For the first week after I had installed the game, it worked fine. Weekly rent got taken out and the mailbox was there, but now its the residential mailbox (even on the Maxis made apartments.) Rent no longer gets taken out either. I went through all my downloads and disabled anything that I had downloaded after that first week, but to no avail. Does any one know what I should do? huh

I know I'm late getting in on this, but a lot of people have been reporting the mailbox thing.  Apparently it's caused by a old version of a hacked mailbox you may not even realize you have in your downloads folder.  I got it in a couple of lots I downloaded somewhere and it took forever to track it down. 

I can't tell you the name of the file because it's one of those EAXIS generated hexadecimal things, so it's different for everyone.  I was finally able to track it down with Clean Installer--the file is just called "mailbox" under the Name field.  You  may have multiple versions of it.  Also, if you use Clean Installer to install houses the hexadecimal name of the file will be the same as the hexadecimal name in the original .Sims2Pack file.  I looked at the .sims2pack files for all the houses I'd downloaded recently and found the name of the file and did a folder search and found them.

If you don't know how to use Clean Installer, or don't want to, a binary search will get them too. 

And if anyone knows who made the apartment houses Park Avenue 26 and Dorset Street 23, let them know they should remove those mailbox files right away. Grin
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 11:53:24 pm »

Hey Lerf,

I am so glad you brought that point up because whenever I would build or try to move into an apartment the AL mailbox wouldn't show up it would just be the base game mailbox and I was like what the crap? and then I seen where someone had said there was some kind of conflict with mailboxes that had been extracted from the game and be able to be buyable from the catalog and of-course I must have downloaded a lot that had an extracted mailbox packaged along with it rolleyes I thought I had found it because I deleted the mailbox from the catalog and it seemed to be working right again and now its happening again so ergh I'm going to have to go digging through my downloads folder and track the other mailbox down now because I know for a fact that the other night I downloaded a apartment lot from TSR and the person packaged a mailbox along with it so here I go off to find that stupid thing because clean installer picked up like 4 versions of it but they were recolors I do believe. . .
Lerf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 12:23:38 am »

Yep.  The stupid thing comes in about 10 different colors, which doesn't help in finding it.  tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: