Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 04:36:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Spirits Rising-IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT  (Read 13827 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
buddy_luv_blah

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 09:09:23 pm »

ok.
i didn't notice that before.
but now it looks like i copied theirs. =[
dang it.

why do people pay to go up tall buildings, then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?
[/size]
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 09:21:51 pm »

Nah.  No need to worry.  I'm sure the whole plot will pan out differently.  There's no way two stories could be exactly the same when neither person is copying the other.  
And oh! The mother's reaction was much much better than I expected.  I should learn not assume, because you know what they say about assuming.  Tongue
The dad was...um... not what I expected.  Sad

Link: The tights-wearing, puzzle-solving wonder!
"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
Music_Is_Life

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 09:37:40 pm »

It doesn't seem like you copied theirs at all. The clothing and hairstyle are just coincidences (the hair is drastically different as well) and it's fine to have a somewhat common thing going in your stories. They're already quite different so there's no need to worry.
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 12:51:47 pm »

I agree - don't stress it.  You both have similarities, but different plot points.

Brielle (I've always loved that name) is beautiful!  She's a real stunner.  I like this story so far.  Nice strong writing and gorgeous pictures.  Can't wait for more!

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Devomuffins

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 03:50:18 pm »

There are at least three teen pregnancy stories on the forum right now. I've read two and written one. Yes, the all start out pretty much the same, but even now the plots are already different. No need to worry. Cheesy
You're doing great.
buddy_luv_blah

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2008, 02:14:48 pm »

Chapter 4
truth

The weeks flew by and I could hardly beleive how fat I was getting! Scarlett was the only one at school that didn't stare at me as I walked by, and I loved her for that.
The nursery was almost finished, just a few little details left and it'd be ready!
I had an ultrasound too, everything was perfect, I think it's amazing that they can already tell the sex of the baby, but I didn't want to know.
everything was finally going my way, since summer of course, at least that's what I thought.
One day I came home from school, greeted by the sight of my mother crying her eyes out over a t.v. dinner. "mom! what's wrong?" I said, dropping my backpack to the floor.

"Bri, your father's not coming home" she said between gasps. "what do you mean mom?" I replied, my voice a whisper. "he...he left us baby, for someone else." So it was true, all this time he was with that woman i'd talked to on the phone. I stared at mom in disbeleif, "momma..." I had no idea what to say. "momma it's okay, we're gunna get through this", the same words she had said to me a couple months earlier. She smiled at me through her tears, "I sure hope so" and motioned to the chair next to her. I sat down and turned to her, and to my surprise, she laughed. "this has been one heck of a year, hasn't it?" I nodded and smiled as I realized I was crying, "it sure has."

This was an EXTREMELY short chapter, I know, but don't worry, chapter 5 makes up for it!

why do people pay to go up tall buildings, then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?
[/size]
Devomuffins

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2008, 07:12:02 pm »

Oooh, this is good.
emoscenesk8r

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2008, 10:21:04 pm »

very nice

Adorkable = (noun/adj) an adorable dork:smt106
Come join the rpg Every rose has its thorn!
My name's Bailey!
Hey! Come check out MY SIMS!
buddy_luv_blah

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 09:22:21 pm »

well, I'm back! I've finally located this new site, so, here comes Chapter five!

Chapter 5
an unexpected surprise

By now I was nearly 6 months along! Scarlett was over that weekend, like she usually was, we were nearly inseperable by now.

I freaked out a little bit as I noticed a very mild contraction when I reached into the freezer for some TV dinners, but mom said not to worry unless I had another one. We ate and watched some television before heading off to bed. Everything had pretty much calmed down by this point, but no more than an hour later, I awoke and got up to use the bathroom. As soon as I got there I was hit with a strong pain that wrapped around from back to front, and I started shaking. I made my way back to Scarlett and told her to get my mom, who immediately called the hospital. They told us to get there as soon as we could.

We arrived about 20 minutes later, and they hooked me up to a fetal moniter. By now I was having regular contractions at 5 minute intervals. As the nurses prepped for delivery, I turned to my mom, "it's too early!" a hoarse, alien voice escaped my lips, and she squeezed my hand, "be brave baby" was all she said.
Nearly 12 and a half grueling hours later, Samantha Paige Leman was born, 3 months premature. She didn't cry when her tiny, frail body emerged. The doctors say she was too weak. I looked over to see a swarm of panicked doctors sorrounding my newborn baby, shouting commands to each other and hooking countless tubes and wires to a nearly lifeless being, that's when I passed out.
I woke up to see my mom sitting in a chair next to my bed, staring off into space. "mom?" I said queitly, almost inaudible. "bri..." she said, at a loss for words, "bri you're up" I nodded, and just then a nurse walked in.
That's when I learned my baby was a little girl, barely alive, but hanging on. I was overjoyed, a girl! I grinned and looked at my mom, who already knew what I was going to name her. It had been a name i'd picked out as a little girl, Samantha Paige.

She was Taken to the NICU and the only way I could see her, at least for now, was through a huge glass window. She looked so helpless lying there in that incubator, and I just wanted to hold her, whisper in her ear that everything was going to be okay, but they said it would be a few weeks before I could do any of that.

It was torture coming home without my baby, but Scarlett said everyone at school was praying for us.
Every day I went to visit Samantha, and every day, they'd read of an ever-decreasing list of problems.
Finally, they let me hold her. I smiled as she was placed into my arms for the first time, still covered in tubes and wires. "hi Sammy" I whispered as she opened her eyes, "remember me?"

[/size]
Devomuffins

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2008, 10:58:47 am »

Oooh, very good.
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2008, 12:01:36 pm »

Aww!  Samantha Paige!  That's cute! Smiley

Link: The tights-wearing, puzzle-solving wonder!
"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
Mariella

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2008, 12:27:26 pm »

I loved this storey, can't wait for an update x x x

AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2008, 08:27:55 pm »

Good story! Looking forward to your next update.

Simming is a way of Life!!!  :toothy4:
Check out my sims pictures.
My Apocalyse Challenge
2nd Place in Part of Your World - Jocelyn Lanier
3rd Place in The Devil
buddy_luv_blah

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2008, 11:40:28 am »

this past month I have been SOO busy, and havent really had too much time to update my stories, and I apologize for that.
But, unfortunately, I know I will continue to be busy for a quite a while. At the moment I actually have 2 stories going, and
i'm going to have to delete one.
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,100631.0.html
^this is the link to my other story.
I'm leaving it up to you guys, tell me wich story you'd like to see continued, and i'll delete the one that gets the least votes.

[/size]
lilroselou

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2008, 05:46:52 pm »

i vote for this story! lovely so far and i also wondered if you could tell me where you got the eyes on the baby in the last pic? i used to have them and after a game crash ive had to reupload everything and its one of the things i cant remember where i got it from originally it'd be a great help as those were my fave eyes and my sims dont look the same with dif ones

*PLEASE VISIT MY STORIES, A PIECE OF LIFE A ROMMY DRAMA/THRILLER ABOUT A COUPLE WHO CANT HAVE A BABY AND MEET A YOUNG PREGNANT STRANGER...

AND [COLOR=mediumturquoise] ASHWELL BROOKS A MEDICAL DRAMA ABOUT THE NURSES AND PATIENTS OF ASHWELL BROOKS MEDICAL CENTER*[/COLOR]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: