Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 02:55:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Come see my baby!  (Read 6962 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
delightfulone87

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2008, 01:43:25 pm »

When my sims have new babies I like to have their relatives come by to meet them, but most of the time they don't even notice the kid. I was wondering if you could make a hack where the sim holding a baby can click on another sim and ask them to come see the baby. When the sim comes over they can use the "talk to baby" interaction. I have all eps and sps. Thanks for your consideration!:smile:
SimsAddict156

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 09:43:15 pm »

Great idea!!!
delightfulone87

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 09:07:59 am »

Thanks SimsAddict156:smile:

I just thought of another hack that might be cool. Sorry it didn't occur to me earlier, I won't ask for anymore in this thread. Would it be possible for toddlers who can walk to have the option to get out of the crib? It would save so much time and crying. Thanks again guys.
Llial

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 09:28:28 am »

Inge Jones made a Mod, that allows toddlers to get out of cribs. And they don't need to walk.

Crib get out all:

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Childcare.htm
delightfulone87

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 09:46:55 am »

Yeah, it's actually that mod that made me ask for this one. I believe it says that we can't tell the tod to get out of the crib, they will only do it when they get tried of being there, which I assumed would be after they sit there crying for a while. I'd prefer to have the option to make them get out if possible and if the modders don't mind.
aubreylaraine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 02:00:38 pm »

xtpl297 has one that the kid gets out right away. they cry for a second and start to shake the crib, but then the side drops and they are off.
Llial

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 08:38:47 pm »

I use Inges and they throw a little tandrum for a minute and shaking the bed. After that they climb out of the crib. But you can not directing them to get out.

So far I know, Squinge is not doing animations, but he, Jenna or Chaavic will give you an answer on that.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 11:17:05 pm »

No, neither me, Squinge or Jenna do mods involving animations or create new mods with new animations for that matter.

I use Inge's mod to let toddlers get out of their cribs by themselves. And no, they don't need to know how to walk to get out.

I wasn't aware that XPTL297 has a mod doing that, but if I were to use a mod for my game, I would get mods from someone who's active and well known in the community and is able to give feedback on issues with mods.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
delightfulone87

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 09:52:44 am »

oh, ok. I didn't think the come see baby thing would be an issue. I thought squinge could make a new pie menu that allows the sim to tell other sims to come see the baby, kinda like he did with the lecture sims mod. Then when the sim came over he would just use the animation from "talk to baby", kinda how he used the "hang out" animation for his sit on floor to watch tv hack. But then again I don't know anything about modding and I'm sure its way more complicated than I think.

Thanks anyway!
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 12:27:07 pm »

Oh okay, I got what you were talking about. Well, he did make a few mods that uses the existing animations from within the game. I don't do animations, let alone one mod to prevent the Sims from cycling through all 8 portraits (poses) in the UI panel. That one was not easy to do.

I thought naturally when a baby is born, everybody on the lot would "Come See Baby" automatically. Whether they're family or not.

Personally, I think it is one of the actions that's autonomous only when an event happened. So, I am not sure if that can be used to create a new option for the Sim pie menu. One of us will try, but there is no guarantee that this will work or not.

Check back here for the status on this idea.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
delightfulone87

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 01:13:43 pm »

Awesome, thanks for your efforts

You're right about people on the lot coming over to see the baby. What I wanted to be able to do was have sims come over after the sim gives birth, mostly relatives, and have them interact with the baby so those sims can be acquainted with the baby. Nothing really important, just thought it might be nice.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 09:51:47 pm »

I remember a time when my game glitched and I had every single townie from my 'hood over at my Sims house, all queued up with the 'Come See Baby' action. 'twas quite amusing, up until it caused the game to crash. :lol:

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: