Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 10:51:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sick of game crashing please help  (Read 2325 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
firerayne

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2008, 04:11:07 pm »

Hi all, I'm sick of seeing the error message and my game crashing, I have a pc high enough to run it, plenty of spare gigs, I put all graphics options to minimum, scanned for problem content, I don't think it's this as it happens in different places with different objects and they can't all be corrupt, i've even halved my downloads (sob) but to no avale, please does anyone else have this problem, know of common things or even suggest somethin, anything? After reading on the net i'm seriously tempted to go back to XP and bin Vista as some have said this is the problem, please help this desperate sims player!!
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 06:07:13 pm »

You might be having the same problem that I am probably having. Your video card might be old or broken. Look up which video card you have and how it fares with playing the Sims games. You may just need to replace it.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
Simsample

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 08:34:06 pm »

What are the error messages you are getting? If they are Sims 2 errors- the debugging errors- then this has nothing to do with your hardware and is caused by game errors (custom conflict errors usually). If they are Windows errors, then it could be software or hardware depending on the error. You'd have to give us some more info to be sure.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose Freewill.
firerayne

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 03:41:01 pm »

Hi,
the error I get is "this application has crashed" It happens at random times no pattern I thought it may be my card but i have a fairly recent one and all the drivers are updated and I play with the lowest graphic options
Simsample

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 09:18:17 pm »

Does this occur if you cut and paste your Documents\ EA Games\ The Sims 2 folder to the desktop and run the game without it?

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose Freewill.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: