Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 05:20:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: G&M Stuff - Making autonomous-only action selectable.  (Read 4686 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« on: November 24, 2008, 03:40:28 pm »

Dear Squinge,

What I would like for Christmas...

Ehrm, sorry, felt the sudden urge to start a Santa-like letter.
Anyways, I do have an actual request:

The Garden & Mansion Stuff Pack comes with a new action/animation (which can also be seen in the trailer): sims can slide down the banisters.
Unfortunately, this seems to be an autonomous-only action, and since it's so incredibly cool that sims can finally do this, I'd like to be able to tell them to do it, instead of sitting there, waiting until they decide to slide down the stairs rather than walk down the stairs.

So yeah, is it possible to make this a selectable action?

Thanks! (even if it's not possible, just for thinking about it)

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 11:22:00 pm »

I saw that in the trailer for the new SP and liked the idea that Sims can do more than walk up or down the stairs. Cheesy

That depends on if either one of us got the SP. I don't have it yet, but I plan to soon. I think Mr. Squinge will too, but when he will get it, I have no idea.

Updated Info:

I am getting this SP tonight to check it out and get back to you unless Mr. Squinge already got this SP and already had some sort of mod in the works. But one of us will look into this and see what it takes to make an option available on the stair banister (the part you would tend to slide down on).

Updated Info:

I got the SP last night and had a quick look, but I didn't try it out yet. IF SimPE can read the new game files, then I will look into making this one possible.

Try to have patience since Mr. Squinge is still out with carpel tunnel syndrome. He was here long enough to post a fix to Mega College Pack - AL, but he hasn't said anything yet when he will return. It sounded like he's still in pain from that.

Anyways, keep returning to check for the status on this idea.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 12:21:42 pm by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 02:00:10 pm »

Okay, the mod is being looked into and tested. But keep checking back here for the status on this one or check the Status thread in Mod Help section for more details.

Updated Info:

There seemed to be a problem with SimPE not reading one line in the BHAV used for the Slide Down Stairs interaction. The new mod will have to wait until I look more into this and figure out what to do to have SimPE work nicely with M&G.

Project is on hold for the moment. Sorry about having to wait a little longer, but Inge and Peter Jones crew is doing their best to make sure SimPE is updated for this new SP (technically called an EP).
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 03:10:10 pm by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 02:43:46 pm »

I don't mind waiting, I'm already excited it's at least being considered. Cheesy

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

Celestra

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 03:52:54 pm »

If your sims are really outgoing you can actually click on the stairs and get them to slide down them already , but apart from that would be nice as they also happen to get downstairs a lot faster by doing the slide animation

:wav: Ok so i cant design anything worthwhile .But i can sure as hell download custom content as fast as the next person:slap:
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 11:25:09 pm »

Yeah, but it would be nice to have the option available on the menu for any and all Sims to enjoy sliding down the banister. I'm not an outgoing person IRL but I do enjoy sliding down a banister when I see one and can. Wink

I was busy with a few things, but I do have it on To Do list which you can check here. That request was noted and will be looked into.

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: