Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 08:26:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help, major AL problems!  (Read 1967 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Momorat

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2008, 07:13:21 pm »

Okay, well, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, because I installed AL and FT at the same time, and that's when the problems started, but I figure it's worth a shot.

So, a few days ago I installed AL and FT. When I started playing, I wasn't able to load any families. The loading screen would appear, with the picture of the family and everything, the rows of pictures would all become hilighted, etc. But then the screen would just stay that way permanently - the family would never load. I let it sit for over an hour and still nothing.

So I quit the game, removed all my CC, and tried again. Same problem as before. Then, I created a new family and moved them into an apartment. Same problem as before.

When I got on the game again - with my CC - and tried to create a new family, the CAS screen went crazy!!! I created two sims with no problem, but when I tried to create the third, the sim was invisible. She only became visible after I went to cancel her. Even after she was visible, though, I still couldn't zoom in. Next, I finished her and tried to create another sim, but there was still this dark outline of the first sim, and the entire screen was really shadowy. So, I'm having a bunch of problems with my game, and I'd really, really like to be able to play it again. Any help at all would be really appreciated.

Here are some pictures so you know what I mean:

This sim was, for some unfathomable reason, standing in the corner of the room and spinning.

Invisible sim.

Weird shadowy sim.

Momorat - Noun. Roleplaying freak, vampire wannabe, nerd, and bibliophile extraordinaire. :study:
Please for the love of all things holy in this godforsaken world, join my RP, Mount Olympus!
What do you mean vampires don't exist!? How dare you!? Blashpemer!!!
violetlass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 08:03:07 pm »

Wow that is really really weird!

I know I had Problems with FT when it was first relased. Try downloading the patch for both games. FT first then try playing it. I acctually lost FT (found in Kitchen and Bath case) so I acctually installed both FT and AL about a week apart (not playing between the week).

First never ask TS2 tech support (they assume its you computer and its never TS2 content) Next download Delphys Download organizer "modethesims.com" it will find every file in your download folder. Look for the files that are highlighted red (game hack files) look at the discription of the hack first. someimes you will be suprised at what files are downloaded with other files (houses and objects)

If none of the above work turn on debug (Ctrl + C type: "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" to find out what is erroring the most to find out what could becausing the problem.

Friends help you move; bestfriends help you move bodies!
Momorat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 06:37:53 pm »

Okay, well I used Delphy's Download Organizer, and found out that I had a ton of hacks that weren't compatible with either each other or AL or FT. I ran the game after that, and CAS worked fine, but I haven't had time to try and load a lot yet. I'll get back to you once I try that.

Momorat - Noun. Roleplaying freak, vampire wannabe, nerd, and bibliophile extraordinaire. :study:
Please for the love of all things holy in this godforsaken world, join my RP, Mount Olympus!
What do you mean vampires don't exist!? How dare you!? Blashpemer!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: