Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 07:10:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hack removal help *solved*  (Read 1623 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dynasty

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2008, 01:25:48 am »

I decided to remove a hack in my game because I feel it was incompatible with a few other hacks I downloaded. I deleted the file out of the download folder and off the lots in my game. However, it still apprears in the catalogue. I searched on my computer to see if the file is still hiding somewhere (you never know...), but my computer can't come up with anything either. did anyone have the same problem? does anyone know what I can do about it? thanks in advance
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 04:41:18 pm by dynasty » Logged

Check my sims out!
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 12:20:33 pm »

That is scary!  Try deleting also accessory.cache, group.cache & and everything in your thumbnails folder. Also when you say the package file was deleted, you mean completely deleted to recycle bin, not just moved out of downloads right?
dynasty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 01:00:46 pm »

yeah, I even deleted it out of the recycling bin. it's nowhere on my computer. did a livesearch on my computer, and didnt get any results... it is still in the game... when starting the game, i checked if it appears in the list of the custom content you can enable and disable before playing, and it is not in that list either.
Forgot to mention that it is the insimenator for me as well. I also wanted to replace it with the sim blender. I do have all the EP's up to Free Time (which means I am only missing AL) and have all the stuff packs except IKEA, Kitchen and Bath and Mansion and Garden...
I will delete the files you suggested and see what happens. I'll let you know!
Thanks!

*edit*

after deleting the .cache files and the files in my thumbnail folder, I runned my game, entered a lot, and the insim, along with the many objects coming with it, was still in the catalogue. Then, I saw something I didnt see before (why? no clue!). You know you can delete hair and clothing out of the catalogues if you no longer need them, right? well, there's a small trashcan icon on the right side of the catalogue for objects as well. I just selected the main insimenator (the machine) icon, selected the trashcan and the machine and the other insim objects were GONE! I saved, and exited the game. However I am tempted to rerun it and check if it is REALLY gone now!!!! who knows, maybe it comes back all by itsself?

*second edit*

It's GONE *dances*.

Eightball, I attached a screenshot on where to find the small trashcan, so you can show your wife how to get rid of the insim. Of course it is not the insim in the pic (since i won't put it back just to take apic, lol), but yeah, just select the insim machine, then the trashcan, confirm you want to delete it,a nd it will be gone! Good Luck!!!

also thanks to amc462000 for your help!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 01:41:17 pm by dynasty » Logged

Check my sims out!
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 02:08:27 pm »

Very clever!! I am glad you figured it out!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: