Insimenator.org
May 14, 2024, 08:53:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: pleasantview keeps freezing on me  (Read 1595 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2009, 03:27:47 am »

Pleasantview keeps freezing on me and acting really slow when I go into it, there isnt a huge amount of lots? When I go into riverblossom hills its fine and everything works fast?
I thought about deleting pleasantview and starting again with it but I forgot you "regenerate" neighbourhoods that you have deleted should i need to do that.

Edit. im sooo frustrated now, nothing will work, families are taking an age to load, everything freezes so that i have to restart my computer Cry Cry I cant find any answers.....I really think im jsut going to delete the whole neighbourhood. Cry
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 02:51:40 pm by simpleprincess » Logged
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 06:52:38 pm »

Two things to try first, one at a time:

1) Go to My Documents--EA Games--The Sims 2 and delete the file named groups.cache -- this is perfectly safe to delete, and the game will create a fresh file.

Then launch the game and see if the 'hood runs any better. If things are tip-top, then ignore step 2 below.

2) Go to My Documents--EA Games--The Sims 2 and temporarily move the folder there named Downloads to someplace else on your computer (DO NOT delete this file, just move it).

Then launch the game and see if things are better. Don't Save the game after testing, just Quit the game.

If the problem still exists, then move the Downloads folder back to its original location.

However, if step 2 has helped, then you have custom content or hacks in your Downloads folder which are either in conflict or which are incompatible with the game(s) you have installed.

You'll have to move the Downloads folder back where it belongs and go through your custom content to find the culprit(s). Time consuming, but tried and true method for ferreting out the problem file(s) is the 50 per cent method:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 02:11:14 pm »

Im going to try the downloads thing as the other suggestions havent worked and im feeling like I want to throw my computer out the window. rolleyes *kicks it*
Simsample

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 09:00:39 pm »

Also, try deleting some of the hood deco. My daughter had an issue on her PC where she couldn't load veronaville- it worked fine when I removed some of the trees on my PC.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose Freewill.
amym

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 09:47:36 pm »

I've been having the same problem...i get at most an hour of game and then the game freezes.
Trying the cache method, thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: