Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 02:35:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP!!! Neighborhoods and Stuff Packs???  (Read 1869 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Cherrysims

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2009, 02:42:27 pm »

Hi im confused... again. But this time its serious! shocked huh Im a Vista user, and its about the second time it happened but not with sims. So sometimes when I turn on the computer the windows loading screen gets stuck lol and then you've to turn off the computer then and it sort of restarts and then this wizard thing comes up and fixes the problem. Great but, yesterday... I installed the Mansion & Garden stuff pack, it was fine until today... I was quite surprised that the game started with a stuff pack, anyways, I went in game and it was fine but then after about a couple of hours playing the game, the game froze and you couldnt do anything. So I restarted the comp and then this dialog thing came on saying somthing about going back and some programs wont be installed or something but I said ok just couse its best for the computer.
On the desktop I saw that the mansion & garden stuff icon wasnt there and the latest sims 2 related thing was the Apartment life expansion pack. So like I always used to do, put in the AL disk and loaded the game, and everything was fine but not really, because the neighborhood icons like Pleasantview, Veronaville, strangetown, etc just werent there! There was only the icon create your own neghborhood! did it happen to anyone before?? PLEASE if anyone knows how to solve it please reply, I would really very appreciate it, Thanks in advance, and happy simming, troubled as always, Cherrysims.  Cry Cry  Embarrassed  Undecided  Cry OMG Cry Nail Biter GAH3 Fanku2 Confused
JaMum

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 07:35:08 am »

Sounds like a video card problem.  Try updating your video card driver.
Cherrysims

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 11:02:05 am »

thanks for the quick reply, how do you update the video card driver? thank you  Fanku2
Simsample

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 11:24:48 am »

It could be a number of things- video as the previous poster mentioned, or perhaps hard drive. I would suggest to run a disc check anyway, as you've had some crashes.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose Freewill.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 11:34:50 am »

This would be a good time to run a virus scan, as well. If you are getting the wizard and it is fixing itself on start up, there may be more going on than the sims problem. The sims problem may only be a symptom of something more heinous.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: