Insimenator.org
May 08, 2024, 12:06:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Attaching Specific Eyes to a Skintone  (Read 1646 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
adammc80

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2009, 01:13:06 am »

Hello,
I've noticed that a few skintones I have seen for vampires and aliens and stuff not only change the skintone, but use specific eyes. I was wondering how to do this. It seems like it would be a cool thing to learn Grin
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 04:05:48 am »

You do it by editing the skintone. So you would need to extract the skintone and eyes using Bodyshop and then use an image editing program like Photoshop or Gimp, one that supports transparency and layers, to edit the eyes onto the skintone, and then import the skintone back into the game or use SimPE to make it into a default replacement. I don't know of a tutorial on how to do this, but look around this site and MTS2 for skintone and eye extracting and editing tutorials. I just kind of figured out how to do it myself, without following tutorials.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
adammc80

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 11:29:57 pm »

Hmmm, I did a little experimenting but it didn't work  huh . I extracted the skintone and the eyes from bodyshop and I pasted the eyes onto the skintone but it is not showing different eyes.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 11:48:22 pm »

You extract the skintone and the eyes, then in Photoshop or another picture editing program you place the eyes on all the faces that come with the skintone. If you are using layers, you then need to flatten the image so that the file you end up saving is a BMP. You then import the skintone back in using Bodyshop.

I have no idea what skintone it is that you are editing. Also, keep in mind that regardless of the eyes you put on a skintone, sims will still use the normal Maxis (or default replacement) eyes. For the new eyes to override the normal (default) eyes, you need to make a default set using the eyes that you want, rather than just editing a skintone.

The four normal skintone shades will show the eyes that the sim has assigned to them and not the eyes on the skintone. The only ones that will show the eyes on the skintone are monster default replacements, eg. vamp, plantsim, etc. Replacing eyes on a normal skintone will not replace the eyes that a sim is showing. And to change monster eyes, you actually need to create the eye replacement on the faces, change the file type to PNG, then create a default replacement using SimPE.

If you are having trouble or want a specific monster replacement set, it might be easiest if you just make a request in the skintone request area of the site.

A couple of default replacement tutorials:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=129993

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=194390

I really like the second one and it includes some templates (the 4 normal skintones and vamp)

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: