Insimenator.org
May 28, 2024, 01:04:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with Adoption cancellation  (Read 4143 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AndyB

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2009, 11:10:07 am »

Due to the discussions on TS3 with Securom and in-game ads I have played TS2 again.   Cheesy

And made a big mess: I accidentally clicked on Adoption Service and there is no cancel or stop or abort. Any other stupid action involves confirmation and/or cancellation options. Not this one.

Tomorrow comes and the baby is there - but I don't want it. I've tried building a wall, a fence, gong to work, but this "service" just drops the baby off and leaves.

And to top it off I exited with saving instead of reverting to the previous save.

How can I cancel this process, other than accepting delivery and committing suicide? But this leaves the associated bad memories etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 01:36:42 pm »

I don't think there is a way to do it, at least none that i've ever seen.
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 01:47:10 pm »

I do not think there is a way to cancel an adoption, either, but you could try Inge's Teleporter Painting Plus on this page: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Teleporters.htm

I have never used it, but supposedly it allows you to put Sims up for adoption. That way you could just send the kid back to the adoption pool.

My other ride is a chocobo.
AndyB

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 07:14:51 pm »

Thanks for the good suggestions and the - bad - news.

I somehow knew this was going to be the answer.

So, instead of going the round-a-bout way, I just let it happen, committed suicide by satellite, cashed in the money and removed the memories via SimPE.

Well, you have to pay for your mistakes.....

Maybe I should make this my signature: make mistakes and bear the consequences.  Grin
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 03:58:24 pm »

True.

Once that happened to me, I thought it was where you got to put your sims up for adoption or choose a sim to adopt, but it was too late, and we got an really ugly child named Ashlee, and she was really really mean, always fighting, lol.

So I drowned her. I didn't really care for the memories. Tongue

But you can always not care for them or something or leave them at home alone and the social worker will take them.

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 04:17:05 pm »

Yes but you'll still get the bad momories. The easiest way is to just age them up, give them a make-over, move them out and forget them, that is unless you use Inge's plant to fix the problem.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 07:50:10 pm »

Purely speculation, but one could try aging the baby to toddler, then using Insim's Family Tree to remove From family, then de-aging back to baby, making sure it is then unselectable after 'babyfying' and then deleting that character from the lot.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 07:58:23 pm by rwills » Logged
luckynumber

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 07:58:40 pm »

How do you suicide by satellite?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 08:14:57 pm »

How can I cancel this process, other than accepting delivery and committing suicide? But this leaves the associated bad memories etc.
There's no method of cancelling the process, but I'm working on a solution, which you can have when I finish it in time for the MTS2 contest.
DraculaBiscuits

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 01:33:07 pm »

I didnt know you could de-age a sim back to baby, i know you can de-age or age to toddler.
Well anyway i know what you mean, its disappointing getting an ugly sim child when you have your sim adopt, but thanks to insim all i have to do is give them a makeover/facelift.  If i change my mind and its too late i just remove the child from the household and make them a townie. I really dont care about the memories.

My DeviantArt album<br />http://decomposedrose.deviantart.com/<br /><br />come see my simmies here!!<br /><br />http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=9
Bookfreak

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 01:38:50 pm »

I click on the adoption car and force error and click delete

it shouldnt come back then
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 10:54:44 am »

Yes but you'll still get the bad momories. The easiest way is to just age them up, give them a make-over, move them out and forget them, that is unless you use Inge's plant to fix the problem.

Well I don't really care for the memories. They'll get over it. My sims always cry over roaches, they're sissies anyways.

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
saowens
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 04:48:33 pm »

and we got an really ugly child named Ashlee, and she was really really mean, always fighting, lol.

So I drowned her.

Well I don't really care for the memories. They'll get over it. My sims always cry over roaches, they're sissies anyways.

OMG! I laughed so hard I cried when I read this. Maybe they are sissies because they are afraid you will kill them? lmao

Thanks Madi best laugh I've had in a while.
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 05:11:15 pm »

Lol you're welcome Zordac.
I just hate the sims that you adopt and usually I have to give them surgery. Poor kiddies.

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: