Insimenator.org
May 09, 2024, 11:58:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Uninstalling official AL patch?  (Read 1644 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2009, 10:05:38 pm »

Is there any way to uninstall the official Maxis patches? It has broken a lot of things in my game.

I was thinking perhaps if I uninstalled Apartment Life, reinstalled, and didn't patch it -- would that revert my game back to the way it was before I installed the stupid Maxis patch?

My other ride is a chocobo.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 06:39:29 pm »

No, there is no way to uninstall a patch.

Your description makes it sound as if you might have some earlier EPs/SPs which are unpatched. Try patching those first.

Or that you have custom content and/or hacks which are not updated for or otherwise incompatible with AL.

Remote possibility is that when you downloaded the patch it got glorked in the process. You might try installing the patch again and see if that helps (wist that will happen is you'll get a 'Game already patched' message).

If you really don't want the AL patch, the only alternative is an unintsall/resintall.

Just in case, all EA patches here: http://thesims2.ea.com/update/
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 06:59:45 pm »

I've patched all my EP's, and it's never ruined my game before but it broke my Sims fridge, being able to place things on floors/walls/counters, and I loaded the game once and half my Sims furniture had disappeared. All my hacks are updated for AL, and I checked to see if they were conflicting and they weren't. I even removed them all and tried, still everything was messed up.

I uninstalled Apartment Life, and reinstalled. Things SEEM to be okay so far, but I haven't done more than a few minutes of playing yet. Do you think it's good enough to just uninstall/reinstall AL or do I have to uninstall everything?

rwills

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 09:32:15 pm »

I've patched all my EP's, and it's never ruined my game before but it broke my Sims fridge, being able to place things on floors/walls/counters, and I loaded the game once and half my Sims furniture had disappeared. All my hacks are updated for AL, and I checked to see if they were conflicting and they weren't. I even removed them all and tried, still everything was messed up.

I uninstalled Apartment Life, and reinstalled. Things SEEM to be okay so far, but I haven't done more than a few minutes of playing yet. Do you think it's good enough to just uninstall/reinstall AL or do I have to uninstall everything?

No, just AL should be sufficient.
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 06:11:27 pm »

Well, I guess it was my games not being all patched after all, which I never would have thought of if it wasn't for you so a big hug for you. Hug

It had slipped my mind that when I patched all my games was before my reinstall of all my Sims games, and I had forgotten to patch them after that. Now I've went and downloaded them all, and everything works again!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: