Insimenator.org
May 12, 2024, 01:27:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about CC at game start?  (Read 1216 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SIMone de beauvoir

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2009, 05:35:19 pm »

Hello!

I'm soooo glad you're back, 'cos I have a zillion more stupid questions to ask.

I'm always having issues with my computer, and I've re-installed my game once more... and I keep forgetting what to do with this thing, I need a final answer:

If I want all my custom content to show properly and all my mods and downloaded stuff, and fixes and hacked stuff (yes, I have made sure they're compatible with my game, and I've got every EP and SP available to the day) to work properly... am I supossed to activate or deactivate the question at the start of the game??? I'm really confused...

So far, I started the game once, and the question poped up. I checked "activate these custom contents" and played the game. But the mods were not working. Left the game, started it again. The question poped up again. The mods were not working, either. I thought they were supposed to work the second time. So, I unchecked the option that makes the question pop up at the start. And left the game. Came here to post. I'm starting the game to see what happens now, but anyway I'll check later to see if anyone was able to reply this to me.

And, if this thing works now, am I supposed to leave that thingy unchecked? Will other mods that I add later work?

Well, thanks. A lot.
lexi9803

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 06:08:24 pm »

do you mean enable and disable? if so, you are supposed to have enable checked and then click ok. the next time you play the game, the enable should be checked then they should work. also, you may want to go to game options when you are in the neighborhood and there is an option to enabled or disable cc with that little design. sorry if this is confusing and i hope i helped! Cheesy
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 08:21:58 pm »

Every time immediately after you do a game install, you have to go into Game Options in the game control panel and Enable 'Show Custom Content in Catalog.'

Once in a while that feature gets stuck, and, while that Enable option (that is, the one in Game Options, not just the one on the splash screen before you get to the 'hoods) is ticked, the cc is still not showing in the catalogs. In that case, set that option to Disable and QUit the game, then re-launch and reset that option to Enable. Tht kickstarts the game back to normal.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: