Insimenator.org
May 09, 2024, 11:48:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with Bin Basket  (Read 1201 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SIMone de beauvoir

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2009, 06:22:33 pm »

Hello!

As usual, I've gotten myself in some kind of trouble... now, I'm nervous about making a big mess. So, please, help this poor woman!

I've just re-installed the game, the EPs, SPs, everything... Since I'm starting from zero point, I decided to be careful and tidy this time. I'm slowly adding the stuff I've downloaded in the past, to my downloads folder, trying to put it all in subfolders... very nit. It's a hard hard work...

But... for some reason... something, and I haven't been able to figure out what it was, made the waste bin basket be available for almost everything, every skin and everything! And I'm afraid I might make a mistake and delete something that I'm not supposed to delete... actually I've spend the last half hour trying to think if I hadn't already done that stupidity.

What may have caused this? I've read somewhere that the stuff from the EA Store combined with the CEP were a bad thing, but I looked pass that.

What could happen if I had actually accidentally deleted just one outfit?
This question I actually make it here, because, if I deleted it, it means that I did not like it, therefore, I will not miss it, ever. And if it doesn't mean that my game is going to crash, then I can live with it. However, if it will bring me problems, later, I'd better know now, and install everything again now... since, I would like to be able to back up my game files, in the future, if I keep playing the game, know what I mean?
On the other hand, also, I'm not sure if I actually deleted something that was not deletable... and I'm so lazy about re-installing everything again!

To sum up, having the waste bin available for things that should not be deleted, is a big danger for me... I would like to know how to solve that... maybe someone knows what causes that...

Thanks!

Any opinions or answers or ideas are more than welcome, because I'm very ungry at myself right now for screwing up my very tidy and nit work... I thought this would be the last time I screw my game up!

Thanks again!

P.S.: It's also a big temptation... I've always wondered why Maxis didn't give the players the chance to delete the ugly outfits or chairs, they did not like without screwing up the game? I hope the Sims 3 include that feature... but I doubt it, too.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 06:34:32 pm »

Gotta ask --

After reinstalling whatever EPs/SPs you prefer to use, did you remember to also patch all of them?

Any previous patches were wiped out during the uninstall process.

Just in case, all available patches are here:

http://thesims2.ea.com/update/

Personally, don't recommend using the in-game auto-patch feature for a variety of reasons.
SIMone de beauvoir

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 06:46:12 pm »

Sorry, but I don't understand.

I patched everything, anyway.  Undecided
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: