Insimenator.org
May 12, 2024, 06:40:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adult sims denied jobs because of low grades?  (Read 3379 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kcxo

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2009, 06:00:47 am »

Okay, so i have the following mods : The Insimenator, The Inteenimator, Triplets and Quads, Risky WooHoo and petspo-jobfixes-inteen-al from Jordi's Files @ simbology, which fixed this problem before - http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,102412.0.html
I dont know why this is happening!! Sad
When i use any method of finding a job, meaning by computer, newspaper insimenator and by right-clicking the newspaper using boolProp, it lets me select the job, then the thing comes up saying take job, and when i click on that it says that my grades aren't high enough and to improve before i can get a job .. But its an ADULT. And when i look at my career part it just says unemployed. I recently quit my job after downloading the fix becuase i wanted something higher paid, but now i can't get one at all.

Please help! Smiley

All except mansion and garden stuff pack.

Thanks, Chavik, but i just removed the fixing mod that worked with the minus pay thing and it worked, but it then went back to being minus pay, so i think i will just take it out when i am going to find a job and then put it back in.

P.s. Is there any other mods other than inteen that allows teen pregnancy? It seems that many of the other mods are not compatible with it and its kind of annoying. Plus it makes everything so difficult! Tongue

xx
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 01:57:38 pm by kcxo » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 11:50:05 am »

What EP's and SP's do you have?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 01:48:46 pm »

There is one trick you can try, but it's not guaranteed to work for everyone with that issue about adults being unable to get jobs because of the bad grades.

You can age the adult down to Teen and then age the Teen back up to Adult using either the Insimenator (looks like a sand timer icon) or Sim Blender's aging feature. When you age the Teen down, use the Insimenator (book icon) to give your Sim A+ and then age the Sim back up to Adult.

Should be able to work that way. I think that issue is more related to Inteen than anything else, so you might want to ask that question there for specific help. I've seen a number of people complain about this after they installed Inteen. Thought Madcat addressed this with No Teen Jobs For Elders and probably another flavor pack. Couldn't remember which because I had that problem, and I used the above trick to get the adult a job properly again.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 03:00:41 pm »

There are a number of Maxis-created sims that get treated as teens (or even children!) by the game when you install InTeen. The fix is to spawn the biological clocks of the affected sims. You can then put the clocks in their inventory. I only ever had InTeen in my game for a very short time so all I can tell you is that in Strangetown the affected sims are Vidcund Curious and Loki Beaker, whom the game treats as teens. For a mysterious reason the game treats PT9 and Jenny Smith as either children or toddlers because if I didn't spawn their biological clocks Johnny would refuse to leave for college, saying "I can't leave the children home alone". These are pre-mades I know about but I think this bug can affect custom or born in game sims, too. So the fix is to spawn their biological clock and from memory this fact is mentioned in the InTeen manual.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 02:22:41 am »

P.s. Is there any other mods other than inteen that allows teen pregnancy? It seems that many of the other mods are not compatible with it and its kind of annoying. Plus it makes everything so difficult! Tongue

There's only 3 ways to get a teen pregnant.
1.  Use InSim to make the teen a independent teen (basically an adult in a teen body).
2.  Woohoo Teens from www.sims2living.  A pay mod and many who have used it have had problems with it.
3.  Inteen.

Of these choices, Inteen is probably the best bet.  If you have a list of mods you can't use with Inteen, post the list on Simbology and ask about alternative mods that do what you want and work with Inteen.
mhbuck21

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 12:50:43 pm »

I was having sort of the same problem, the school bus came by every morning for Ripp Grunt, and he was ready to graduate from college. It kept saying that because he was missing school, his grades would drop, but as far as I saw his GPA didn't go down. It was very annoying, because I had to make sure he didn't get on it. Finally he finished the last semester and I sent him right back to Strangetown, cause the bus kept coming! angry
And yes it started after I installed BV Inteenimater. Now I'm up to FT Inteenimater, I'll see if anything else acts up...
Mari   rolleyes
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 04:57:09 pm »

If you're having issues with Inteen for either BV or FT, please go to Simbology and address the problems there where you will get better help than here.

All Inteen-related issues should go to the Inteen forum at Simbology.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: